Would you rather have a set lifespan of 100 years or die normally?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by [N], Sep 2, 2007.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

If you had the choice to guarantee your lifespan to last till your exactly 100, would you take it? I know i probably won't live till 100 but i wouldn't chose that because i would rather death remain a mystery to me.

2. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

lol..this is kinda a weird question i guess....but i dont think i would take it...becuz normally ppl dont live up to 100right? at least average...so its sad seeing ur friends and stuff dying before u....and the last like 20yrs might be really hard to live...u might be really sick or sumthin...

3. dragonside

dragonside Well-Known Member

hmm i'd rather not take it
    like if you get like a horrible disease when you're 90, 10 years of suffering if you want to live all the way to 100
    it isn't worth it.

sometimes things are best left unknown

4. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I would definitely choose to live a normal life...

UNLESS the 100 years life span comes with health warranty -- I remain healthy until the moment of my last breathe. In which case I would still choose to die normally coz 100 years is an awful long time...

5. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Evil is not supposed to die. Gosh, to have thought you were everlasting was so wrong. :p

6. hiake

Oh, the vessel which holds evil may perish, but evil exists until the end of the world... Wind is silly to think otherwise.

And since I thought the question asks about the physical existence (the body), so yeah, of course it WILL die. But there will be plenty of new vessels to hold the spirit of evil -devil

7. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

^ So the next "human inhabitation" would be named Hiake2???

8. hiake

No, probably 234890809435898234-aa0001 or something. Evil is too numerous to be named... -tongue2

9. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

^ Rofl, that number reminds of Star Wars.

10. hiake

Why Star Wars??? I don't see the reference/connection...

11. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

The aa0001 reminds me of R2D2 bot. Dont know why this connection, must be my mind going ballistic now. :p

12. hiake

Your mind is definitely going ballistic, go catch some shut-eye -^_^

13. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

normal death. i don't think i can stand living knowing that i'm going to die when i'm a 100 but when and where and how? suspense kills.

14. normal life for me, living till 100 may result in me living through the burden of witnessing my own children's deaths due to me exceeding their lifespans. -cry2

15. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I rather die normally and not take the 100 yrs deal. There is a chance for me to go beyond that age,

16. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

i would choose to die normally, cause what if your sick during those years so you suffer till like your 100? lol

17. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

Also I think if I lived that long i would've turned into "living dead person" because nostalgia would kill me inside out...

18. skid

skid Well-Known Member

It's not quantity but quality that counts

19. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

^haha I think the same! More and more people are getting 100 years old or beyond nowadays due strongly improved hygiene and health care so I think there's a good chance I'll live much longer than the current generation of elderly by the time I belong to that same category.

On the other hand...hmm to know when your 'deadline' on beforehand is might work for some people who would like to achieve certain things in their life or solve things in their life first before they become maggots food.

20. hiake

MDD and Tax are so optimistic... All I can think about the deal is that "what if I wanted to die BEFORE I hit 100?" -innocent