WoW: Cataclysm

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by bravomoonlight, Nov 13, 2009.

1. bravomoonlight

bravomoonlight New Member

So I quit WoW a while back, but after I saw Cataclysm, I couldn't help but start again XD
    Who else here plays? Excited about Cataclysm?

2. whats this Cataclysm? would be nice if you posted more info.

3. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;wpBfUCXcZV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpBfUCXcZV8"[/video]

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/
    ^ if u have time thats the whole thing explained if not... below is my interpretation of it...

this is the 4th expansion pack
    new race: Worgen (alliance) & Goblin (horde)
    New professions: Archeology and something else
    5 new levels
    new raids by converting old school instances i.e. Deadmines
    can fly around Azeroth (altho Blizz said that they will never do that but what the heck they r losing players and whats to bring them back)

Cataclysm is basically the whole of Azeroth being destroyed and looks like hell and would only look like hell once u have dinged 80

yes i know i do play WoW but not too and not really excited about the new expansion tbh, wouldn't do much for me apart from more gear grinding.......

4. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

5. @bbeh, thats stupid imo, one of the things i liked about that game was the nice scenery, whats the point messing it all up . and if you only see it at lv80 then what happens if a lv80 and lv50 stand next to each other, will they see different things?

deadmines <3 first instance!!!

6. hey.. soo.. if i understand it right, you cant help friends anymore with lvling once your lvl 80? thats.. weird :p

7. They are getting desperate with all these expansions, im assuming this one wont cost anything.

WoW was only good pre-TBC, lv60 max, we were kings back then, full epic that only those in elite guilds could get, niiiiiiiiiice. now any nub has epics.

8. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Nah, I don't think 12million subscribers make them desperate for more. They are making content more available, but even elite guilds can still get way better stuff than casuals. They just dont' wanna shun out casuals.

9. ^ pre -TBC was still the best, my guild and a couple more was on Black wing lair and AQ40 if you know them, one of the best things about wow back then was the dividing line between the elite and the non-elite, im sure elite guilds can get T6[or w/e the highest now] but the dividing line isnt there anymore. it was accepted and respected.

sheez i was there when we opened the AQ gates and horde and alliance were together fighting the spawns, not much people would even know what im talking about. i have a lot of good memories with that game but its not the same now.

10. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

^ i think boosts are going to be available for 80+ coz i think they will be at a different dimension in a way.
    but then either way we will have to see next december when it actually comes out tbh
    i'm only playing WoW to build my "achievements" the new one came from WotLK lol

11. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

My ex-guild was world first or second Nefarian and world first Thunderfury(2) crafted. I think I was one of the few rogues to have Thunderfury also in the U.S. I would say probably like top 20 in the world, because people didn't give TF to rogues back then.

Right now there's plenty of dividing line. There's heroic modes that you and I probably don't have the time to grind through because they're tuned for geared players and added gimmicks to require a little more skill that revolve around enrage timers and more gimmicky limitations during the combat. Most people will not be able to clear the hard stuff right now still so you can still divide top tier guilds and mid tier guilds.

12. sounds good, but at that level it seems like the dividing line would end up being between you and the family