Wrtting Chinese

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by fishfishchang, Apr 22, 2007.

1. fishfishchang

fishfishchang Member

What do you think about learning how to write chinese?
    A lot of people know how to speak chinese but don't know how to read....
    and i just learn find it very interesting.....-clapclap

2. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

hardest thing ever...

3. Arctic_fire

Arctic_fire Well-Known Member

watch alot of tv-shows with chinese sub, that helps alot for me..

4. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

I'm probably one of the minority in PA who can read, write, speak Chinese. But where I live, I'm part of the majority. So, there are tons of Chinese out there who are proficient in the language.

I think it is important to at least know how to read. It is the basic for being Chinese in my opinion. It just suks if someone passes you sth written in Chinese and you can't read it. Not to mention the issue of cultural roots...

5. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

i feel terrible now for not knowing. it wasn't my fault, my parents decided to move to a little town (filled with nothing but white people, where my fam was the only minority pretty much) when i just started going to chinese school. but i would like to learn it someday. when school doesn't take up all 24 hours of my life

6. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

^ yea.. I guess its difficult when its not your priority. We all understand the stresses of school. haha.. and it requires much more effort to learn if you never get to even come across Chinese text in everyday life.

One good way is to start reading Manga translated in Chinese. That was the way I learnt how to read traditional Chinese words. Or if you can understand spoken Chinese, then watch a Chinese movie with Chinese subtitles.

7. chubbyheaded

chubbyheaded Well-Known Member

I wanna learn, and i wanna learn how to speak Mandarin i only know how to speak cantonese.
    Cause all my family members speak Cantonese they do know mandarin but there kinda rusty and they don't speak it often. So it's hard for me to pick up on it.

8. bobbi2004

bobbi2004 Member

writing chinese is the hardest thing i have ever know ::):)( it take a long time to training :(

9. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

I find it hard writing in chinese, but i still know how to write it...

10. happychic

happychic Well-Known Member

I also find it very hard to learn Chinese. I used to attend Chinese school every Sunday when I was younger and it was difficult to learn ... but now I wish I learnt more because Im not very good at writing. I can only read and write the most comoon terms but thats about it

11. AznNoodle

AznNoodle Active Member

lol learned to write chinese for 3 years, 5 years later i forgot how to read and write xD, u always need to practise it or else u will forget it, so dont learn it if u wwont use it much waste of energie :p

12. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

i really wanna learn to read and write cinese as i think it' be so much easier when you go to chinese places and make life simpler as i can speak it but cant write or read it >.< well i can read like the really simple stuff like big small, good/ bad, numbers 1-10 etc and then i tend to rely on other people to read things for me >.<

13. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Get one of those books which teach you the origin of the characters, how the image of a sun morph into the character 日 and the shape of the moon inspired the character 月. That's the best way. Once you covered the basics strokes, you can go ahead with the complicated and less obviously evolved characters.

14. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

SNAP! Went chinese school for years, as soon as i left, it went out of my head

Now im relearning thanks to the TVB subs and song lyrics

15. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

its EZ!

16. LimitedGC03

LimitedGC03 Active Member

I forgot a lot of the words, I wish I remember them, but it's hard.

17. tonyhk32

tonyhk32 Active Member

I think typing chinese and knowing how to write chinese is a completely different thing...
    but thats only me lol

18. babii.blue

babii.blue Active Member

hmm i know how to speak it ..
    but i find it kind of hard writin it..
    but i would wanna learn how to write them or read them..

19. anny430

anny430 Active Member

i also find it quite annoyin sometimes when everyone else around u knows ...esp when it comes to singin k haha...to me it is more difficult to write than to read, reading, just sing along with songs and lyrics ^^

20. yklrmno

yklrmno Member

汉字 is solid man..............been learning for 2 years now..........still not amzingly confident