Yakuza 3 Finally Coming to the West

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by 小小, Sep 20, 2009.

1. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

[​IMG]

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176109

Sega finally picking up some slack to localize this win. Well sure took them long enough and If I'm not mistaken, they even thought about not bringing this to the west mainly due to 2's lack of sales (and maybe 1). But this was because of Sega's fail in little to no advertising and it was released at a very late stage for the PS2 in the west; Japan: 2006-12 + US/UK: 2008-09 (Note the date for the west, I don't think at this time anybody would have cared about the PS2 .... much). Plus since this is a exclusive which the PS3 needs more of so I don't see any reason why they even think about not bothering to localize this awesomeness. Now bring over the other one Sega (Kenzan) and then I probably won't think your a company made of retards plus more to come at the TGS I believe.

[youtube]tYUejiOMbvU[/youtube]

[youtube]maPJJmThMfE[/youtube]

#1 小小, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  2. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

is it really coming to the weat??? xD well i played the 1st one wich was amaizng, but couldnt get hold of no.2 dunno why..... soo erm ...yaaaay .... and woop woop another ps3 exclusive (y)

3. 小小

小小 (゚ー゚)(。_。)(゚ー゚)(。_。) afk

^ I got mine off play.com at the time. I think it was @ £15 ish when I got it and I saw this on that countdown thing that was on play else I probably wouldn't have known it was released. I hope they don't fuck this up by dubbing with poor voices (1 was terrible) and do what they did for 2 and just add the subs or inculde the original ST. The original voices felt more realistic (expressions, acting wise etc) than those usually poor dubs to me but in the end its a matter of preference (as I do understand some japanese), although I do admit that sometimes they can pull it off but usually they can't :p

#3 小小, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  4. setshiro

setshiro Well-Known Member

lol i saw something on yakuza 4 already and 3 is only coming out now >.>

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

never though i'd say this but ps3 is friggin releasing too many games for 09-10.

6. tinlunlau

tinlunlau Well-Known Member

what a relief!!! and i was worrying that yakuza 3 won't see the light of day in north america!!!
    personally, i don't mind the dubbing in the first game. they had a decent cast like michael madsen and luke skywalker...