Yang Mi Re-Follows Hu Ge on Weibo Causing Rumors to Pop Up

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by b-lee, Oct 27, 2015.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

yang-mi-click.jpg

The power of a single click on the Internet can be frightening, as actress Yang Mi (楊冪) found out when she innocently re-followed actor Hu Ge (胡歌) on Weibo and found herself the subject of countless rumors and discussions.

“[Hu Ge] was the one who wanted me to follow him,” Yang Mi explained at a promotional event in Shenzhen for her upcoming movie, The Witness <我是證人>, which opens in theaters October 30. “It just so happened that a few days ago, I asked Hu Ge if he would be in Beijing on the 28th so I could invite him to the premiere ceremony for The Witness.

“He wasn’t going to be there,” she went on, “so I asked if I could trouble him to post something on Weibo when the movie came out. He then asked if I wanted to follow him first. It’s not something complicated at all, and there’s no scheming behind it.”

Yang Mi and Hu Ge first became close in 2009, when they starred together in the mainland Chinese drama, Chinese Paladin 3 <仙劍奇俠傳三>. Although they were rumored to be an item, it was later assumed that they had parted ways. Yang Mi eventually un-followed Hu Ge on Weibo when she married Hawick Lau (劉愷威) in 2013, though Hu Ge continued to follow her and even sent her blessings for her marriage and the birth of her daughter.

However, Yang Mi never followed Hu Ge back until now, which has stirred up a maelstrom of old rumors. “I never expected that everyone would make the situation blow up like this,” she said. “We have always been friends who have kept in contact.”

Creds: QQ