Yao Ming Problem

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by Nawainruk, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Nawainruk

Nawainruk Well-Known Member

Okay, I like Yao Ming a lot. He is definitely good and rank the 3rd best Center right now in the league. To me his problem is that he is really scare of dunking and doesn't act aggresive enought. I think he was more aggresive than he will get more respect. He play like he is scare. Does any one agree with this?

2. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

Yao will never be a power center... Yao's real problem is he has no athletic attribute at all... he lacks stamina, he's slow, he's not agile, can't dribble and he's definitely got practically ZERO vertical, at first u may laff at this cuz he's 7'5" why would he need vertical?... Nate Robinson /gg...

There's rly two things Yao has going for him, he's tall and he's probably the smartest center in the game... he's probably currently the only center who can pass decently well and in order to do that he has to have good court vision and think quickly... his height allows him to do things he would never be able to do if he was 6'10 in the NBA... and that's rebounding and scoring... he has developed a nice hook shot and his jumper is very good for a center... and since he's so tall, he can make those without having much difficulty...

the two main things he really should be working on at this point of his career besides his annual bulking regimen is to increase that damn stamina... he's playing 40mins a game... TIRED... u see him bending over to catch his breath at every inbound/ft/to... the other thing is to learn how to HOLD ON TO THE BALL... he turns over a hell of a lot of balls...

o and this rly is my only knock on Yao... he semi flops a lot... i mean comon, ur fcking 7'5" 300+lbs... how in the hell are u gonna flail around when someone swipes at ur ball while ur on the way up?

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

who isn't scared of being surrounded by black ppl? lol jks jks

he's still aiiight tho....i think his physical can be better and he's asian i don think he can get that agressive but then after playing lall theres years pro he shoudl have adapted NBA style.....but still this guy can average double doubles a game...so hes still goood

4. skyline2288

skyline2288 Well-Known Member

i think dunking is not his type of game, he is more fininese player, not like shaq, dunk most of the time.

5. Dj_illusionz

Dj_illusionz Member

anyone watch that documentary on him?
    I watched in on the asian youtube. Lolz

6. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

^ yeah i saw that documentary haha
    anyways... well i mean as a china guy with like less muscle than any black out in the nba.. you would be pretty scared and not act aggressive towards the center but eh...

7. nongino

nongino Member

yao ming will never suceed unless he keeps care of his body and really work on his conditioning. but i think he will probably go down as one of the better centers in the nba due to his media attetion and numbers. its good for china and he will defintly get alot more asains believing they have a shot as well. but of course hes freaking cntower. we need a chinese guard so all the majority of people in china can belive as well lol

8. nuzeto

nuzeto Member

It would help if he stayed healthy. Those freak foot injuries of his aren't helping out him out.

But yea, there needs to be a Chinese guard that can make a name for himself in the NCAA or NBA.

9. ^ the reason there aren't that many Asians in the NBA is because in america.... all asian parents force school on their kids...

10. 101

101 Well-Known Member

throw the elbows, thats all he needs to do. the little guards will not try to strip the ball away from him. his turn over will be way down
    ________
    Hotbox vaporizers

#10 101, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  11. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

lol it's kinda hard to throw elbows w/o ref's catching u at 7'5"... especially throwing them at "little" guards... he could probably get away with it against someone like Dwight or Duncan...

12. 101

101 Well-Known Member

#12 101, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  13. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

yeh... but the Mailman and Shaq could get away with nicking u in the chest and the back of ur head... Yao's elbow is eye level with most guards o_O

lol if i was as tall as Yao i'd just put my junk in the guards' face... dangerous, but if they get hit there it's like an instant ejection neways :p

14. AshinSole

AshinSole Member

I agree with those who say Yao Ming isn't as aggressive as the top Centers such as Dwight, Duncan, etc. But he has a nice shot. Afterall, he still has plenty of years in the NBA.

15. manun

manun Active Member

lol, he just got artest. Aggresive or not, dude is crazy.

16. jasatastrophe24

jasatastrophe24 Active Member

Yao has been much more aggressive these couple of years. Earlier in his career, he was marked as "soft" but he really has turn it around. Playing with much harder and showing a lot of emotion on the court. Anyway, i would not say Yao is afraid of dunking etc.. but more like, he has problems staying on the court and not off the court (injuries)

17. shadow Thi3f

shadow Thi3f Well-Known Member

Isn't Yao already a success? I mean the guy is a NBA allstar and the most popular athlete in China. What more do you want from him? It's not that Yao doesn't take care of his body, it is because he plays too much. The guy goes back to China to play for the National team every summer, plus he plays 81 games in the NBA. For a guy this big he shouldn't be playing that much. Most tall guys over 7'2'' do not last long in basketball. If you want a center who is going to be injury free and not slow, sign someone who is 7 feet max.

18. spawn92704

spawn92704 Active Member

Yao needs to work on his cardio. He gets tired too easily.

19. ppjj10

ppjj10 Member

yao mings AWSOME....! hes chinese :)

20. tsm666

tsm666 Active Member

Yao plays ball year round. He plays for both national team and the rockets. He rarely gets any time to rest or refine his game. Yao was playing the best ball of his career before he got hurt 2 years ago.
    Like someone alluding to earlier Yao has no jumping ability hes doing the best with what hes got to work with.
    Yao is still a top 2 center. Only Duncan is better if you want to call him a center.