Yellow Dog Linux for PS3

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by [N], Jun 25, 2009.

1. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

anybody actually use this feature? i think imma try it out later if i get an HD upgrade but just for bragging rights haha.... i didn't know you can bittorrent and use VLC on it, thats actually pretty cool for people without comps (but who doesn't have a computer nowadays) or with extremely old comp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvf6y2BQ1io

hopefully it can read ntsc harddrives and utilize the graphic power of the ps3 to view 1080p videos (my computer not strong enough)

emulator:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqP_NXN3-ak

2. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

.....this saddens me more =(

3. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

yea just had to rub it into your face lol.

anyways playing the nintendo game and shit with a ps3 controller looks pretty cool but i definitely not care for it, i only care if it has a ntsc reading capability and if the vlc player can playback hd videos with ps3 capability anyone can confirm this cause i'm seriously thinking that im gonna install it after a future harddrive upgrade (if i can get a good non hitachi 500gb for 80bucks)

4. that looks pretty good, yeah i remember when i couldn't play HD vids on my old pc, all that dloading for nothng :(

5. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

you could get a 199 PS3 and linux and have a pretty sweet computer

6. ^ seriously.... the ps3 engine is one crazy super computer...

7. imma try this out. 500gb + fedora or ubuntu:jump:

8. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

i tried yellowdog 6.1 it kinda sucks, 6.2 is coming out soon (late july)though should get that. no flash support, need to use another codec to run youtube lol but i guess i'm just a n00b with linux. also you can only allocate 10gb to the ps3 os or linux and the other part of your harddrive goes with the other although you can use an external harddrive for linux, can't choose how much you want on each os. but for general use i would say its alright.