2007-2008 UEFA Champions League

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by goo wak jai, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

an away draw would win it for Arsenal... :jump:

2. hongkongboy

hongkongboy Well-Known Member

man u lucky? more like liverpool lucky, ref was clearly giving the home side all the freekicks, if Materazzi werent sent off and Ivan Cordado was injured that should have been a drawn n Kuty would not have scored, i knew liverpool gonna score when they put on that dodgy defender to replace Cordada,

Gerard goal? pfft anthor one of his fluke shot, how is gerard still rated best mid-field, by keep doing stupid shots like that n pray it go in, bet u any money from now in champion league gerard will keep doing long shots n score, h8 liverpools fans that goes n say gerard was aiming for that etc...im not sure if gerard ment to shoot or cross, but i remember the fa cup final where gerard pulled a 35 yard strike at last second against west ham, n when the interview gerard he sed " i was tired, didnt knew where the goal was, just though i test my luck n it went in" where as some liverpool fans think he was aiming n werent a fluke lol

@goo, if liverpool continue playin like they did against Inter they WILL NOT win it, Inter had a player sent off n it took 85 min to break the deadline, from liverpool standard they should have scored 1 b4 half time n 1 more second half, the 2 goals that inter conceded was clearing showing Inter was tired n exhausted n defending mistakes from uexperience defenders, if Cordada stay on n Matarazzi werent send off, it OVER for liverpool already

3. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

and arsenal are thru... beating Milan... on San Siro... 2 nil... I'm loving all the predictions the ManU boys on here are dishing... cuz they're always the opposite -clapclap

4. sschsu

sschsu Well-Known Member

Man U won as well.
    Though I am Man U supporter when UK teams play in Europe I always support all of them. Lets hope Chelsea and Liverpool won their game as well so there are 4 English teams in the last eight.

5. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

2 scenarios I'd like to avoid in the UCL Finals... Chelsea in the final... or two english teams, especially Chelsea, in the final... cuz those are just going to be boring games... well from past EnglishvEnglish UCL matches they've been terrible...

6. bbes

bbes Incredible

woohoo arsenal through. great goal by fabregas. arsenal thoroughly deserved the win as they had a lot more chances and dominated the possesion more.

7. Myer

Myer Well-Known Member

Agreed! Great game by Arsenal!

8. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye chelsea match tonight. hmm. wonder what will happen there.

9. hongkongboy

hongkongboy Well-Known Member

wohoo man u through to quarter finals!! well done to arsenal too give all man u fans a big shock

anyone can tell when then they doin the CL draw n plus anyone know what happen to Messi in the barcelona game it seems he dribble n somone cliped his low foot he stop n starting cryin n went down holding his thigh. replays show there were contact but only little touch how did he end up injured

according to the barca manager he rupture his thigh muscle wth?

10. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye but videos can be deceiving lol, so what looks like a small touch could have been quite painful, also depends on the way he landed i guess. i haven't seen the video myself. it could also be that messi could be quite injury prone. we never know just like michael owen.

11. ey.

ey. Member

Can't wait for the Quarter final draw on Friday.....with 4 English team left in the last 8, you cant help but to think if there will be an all-English quarter final looming. I do hope Chelsea gets drawn with either Barca or Roma, as Chelsea v Barca will be an interesting match-up, especially with their recent Champions League history over the last few seasons.

12. ey.

ey. Member

I agree....the coach said after the match that Messi needs to be more careful in the future in protecting himself for these situations.

WIth Messi out for 6 weeks and Milan no longer in contention (Kaka), Ronaldo now has a great chance to stake his claim for Player of the Year. Fabregas is on form at the moment too. I guess a lot will depend on who wins the Premiership

13. Logy

Logy Well-Known Member

The QF draw:
    1 Arsenal v Liverpool
    2 AS Roma v Man Utd
    3 Schalke 04 v FC Barcelona
    4 Fenerbahce v Chelsea

manure, barca and chelski given byes and the tasty tie between arsenal and liverpool. Speaking of which theres still a chance of another chelski/pool semifinal clash, pray the gods that arsenal get through im not sure anyone can hack another borefest.

14. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

someone needs to explain to me why fcking Chelski always seems to get the easier draws... why in teh hell did that happen

15. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye chelsea are just lucky. should have made it fair with liverpool against barcelona. but oh well.

16. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

arsenal v l'pool...ill cheer for the reds hehe, even though im from london -where arsenal is from

17. tvb_boy

tvb_boy Active Member

That's a boring draw. Arsenal vs Liverpool 3 times in a week. I think Liverpool will edge Arsenal since they have no hope in the League.

18. tvb_boy

tvb_boy Active Member

oh, by the way, seems like this time they draw with the path.
    Arsenal or Liverpool will probably face Chelsea. and ManUtd will meet with Barcelona, looking forward to this game.

19. fafeifa

fafeifa Well-Known Member

I really don't care who wins this season, just wish an upset for Barcelona

20. bbes

bbes Incredible

lol, barcelona do have a formidable squad. all their players are like world class and they just have a plethora of strikers.