2007-2008 UEFA Champions League

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by goo wak jai, Sep 18, 2007.

1. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

I feel an upset for Arsenal... i think they're going to lose the premiership and champions league...
    Liverpool all the way!

2. hongkongboy

hongkongboy Well-Known Member

yes i agree

3. sschsu

sschsu Well-Known Member

Great win for Man U 2-0 against Roma. Man U should be to the semi-final.

4. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye they are prob through i reckon, hard task for Roma. tbh Roma didn't play that bad and they had their chances but they lacked the final touch.

5. sschsu

sschsu Well-Known Member

Chelsea was unlucky to loss this evening. Arsenal also unlucky not to win this evening.

6. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

I can't say it was a poor game by anyone for ArsenalvLiverpool... Bendtner was offsides on the header anyways, so even if he didn't block that shot it woulda been called off... Hleb deserved a penalty, but whatever it's football... Kuyt was running up and down that pitch... he was just impossible... in the end, Arsenal dominated... but football's bout goals... we only got one... shoulda took Eboue off for Walcott though in my mind...

7. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye i know, hopefully arsenal score a few and win at anfield.

8. goo wak jai

^ I hope not lol
    Anyway i think Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U and Barcelona are all going to be in the last 4.

9. bbes

bbes Incredible

absolutely disgraceful, arsenal didn't play that well but were robbed on the penalty. there was no tugging, babel just fell down like a pussy. ffs. i can't believe arsenal also gave them the opportunity after they scored, absolutely pissed me off.

10. goo wak jai

^ omg... i thought Liverpool were going to lose when they scored their second goal.... I had to close my eyes when Gerrard took the penalty. Anyway that was a great game of football.
    Now it's Liverpool vs Chelsea in the semis... AGAIN lol

11. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

I'm gonna just rant about this real quick... refs stole it from us... over both legs... both penalties... I know the final scoreline was one goal more, but Babel shoulda been yellowed and not awarded the penalty... that one penalty changed the game... not Babel's final goal, that was just a sign of desperation when Fabregas was the one chasing down Babel -.-;

anyways... now to stand up again... that was a good game, and football is football... Kuyt was running again, Gerrard played his role well, and I'll be damned if Walcott doesn't become one of the biggest threats in EPL history, he utterly scared Liverpool defense shitless... congrats to Liverpool... I do hope they beat Chelsea, but get killed by Barca =)

12. goo wak jai

^ yeh i'm a Liverpool fan and i admit Arsenal were abit unlucky... but football's football..
    that's just the way it happens ;)
    hm.. I didn't watch Chelsea's match but they won 2-0.

13. bbes

bbes Incredible

nor did i, didn't feel like chelsea match was gonna be worth watching lol. it was kind of obvious that they were gonna win against fenerbache.

14. goo wak jai

^ yeh same... Chelsea play boring football...
    Anywya i think Man U's going to kill Roma tomorrow and Barcelona is going to win

15. Logy

Logy Well-Known Member

The dreaded result a liverpool/chelsea semi, why did they both have to be in the same half their games are always utter shite, its probably my fun watchin a couple kids have a kick about.

16. bbes

bbes Incredible

haha ur funny. i agree with goo wak jai about barcelona winning and man u winning. that would be interesting i reckon, barcelona vs man u. thats a match i will have to watch.

17. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

this really might depend on which team Liverpool decides to field... the problem is, since it's Chelsea, they'll play the same team+tactics... I think the best scenario might be Macherano getting carded lol... that way... since they don't have Sissoko, they're gonna have to play an offensive wingman... or Risse... which translates to a lot of glorious ball puntage... gawd this game is gonna suck isn't it :xd:...

it actually might turn out to be which ever team can score the wonder goal... cuz think about it... Gerrard, Essien, Xabi, Alex, Risse, Ballack, Lampard, Drogba, hell Babel and Anelka if necessary... these guys can all pound it into the back of the net from 25-30yards out... ffs... its gonna be a rain of fire if possible... that would actually be more interesting then Gerrard punting it to Crouch/Torres or Lampard punting it to Drogba/Anelka...:xd:

18. bbes

bbes Incredible

perhaps, but one moment of brilliance isn't going to make the game worth watching.

19. goo wak jai

Lol Chelsea and Liverpool games are classic!
    I think Torres is the best buy of the season...
    and btw i think Liverpool are starting to control games more in these few years... they're no longer just fluke

20. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

Only problem I have with Torres is he scores in spurts... the kid scores like 8 goals over 3 games... then dries up for 5 games... comes back and scores 5 goals in 2 games...

Problem with Liverpool is they are shite in the league... Torres sorta improves it a little bit, but this year they're battling for 4th... if they're in 5th... Rafa can't rely on the CL anymore to keep his job at Anfield...