2007-2008 UEFA Champions League

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by goo wak jai, Sep 18, 2007.

1. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

yea - hope chelsea do win it! hate 2 say this, bt im cheerin for avram grant n his players!

2. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

^ aren't you a Liverpool fan?

3. mingming2006

lol yea - bt i hate man utd, so i cheer for chelski..

4. goo wak jai

Lol... man... if only Riise didn't score that own goal then we would've had the advantage at Stamford bridge. It would've meant that Chelsea had to attack and we could counter them...
    Oh well... looking at the bright side, I think that Liverpool are now starting to play better football (probably the best football i've seen them play since a while). I think that next season will be a good season for Liverpool to compete in.

5. mingming2006

yep, lookin on the bright side, the likes of ryan babbel, yossi benayoun, martin sktel - they could stay at liverpool for quite some time...looking forward 2 next season - with a champs league winner's medal..-coolio

6. goo wak jai

I think that Liverpool needs to win the premier league more than anything... the league shows how consistent a team's performance is. hm... have you heard of any new signings Liverpool is going to make? I heard that Rafa was interested in buying this player called Rafinho (?) or something like that. In english it means little rafa or something? lol

Anyway I think that there might be some trouble in Moscow. Apparently there aren't enough hotel spaces or somethng along the lines of that.

7. mingming2006

Rafinho...hmm - not sure. Hav 2 check out the transfer section on LFC's forums. btw I cant believe me cousin tried 2 start a rumour on that, in sayin how Liverpool are interested in buyin a chinese player - me! lol Wel he obv done that, to see how many replies that the thread was gona get...i think its pretty packed by now...
    Hmm, in Moscow - yea - heard about UEFA needing more Visas for the man u vs chelsea final...hmm - i can say that would be one of the most tense matches - since its against the top two sides of the best league in the world...Compared to a liverpool vs man u final, i think if we won, they would storm right into our territory since its like a 10 min journey from manchester...n if they won it, we would storm into them ,lols - all out war!!!!

8. bbes

bbes Incredible

haha thats hilarious. would be gd if they actually got some chinese players though.

9. w10_chi24

w10_chi24 Well-Known Member

news says now .. no visas required for the Man U vs Chelsea final!!! the whole point liverpool buying a chinese player is to sell shirt in china !! just look at Fang in Man U.... Stuck in reserves! The only sucess story of a chinese player is zheng zhi in CHARLTON

10. bbes

bbes Incredible

well they have ability but not gd enough to make it into the first team thats all.

11. goo wak jai

fianls on 21st of May i think... I still think Man u is goin to win it.

12. bbes

bbes Incredible

dunno, oh i guess i won't be watching the match. the next day i have an exam.

13. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

yeh rafinho is a defender i think from schalke but it looks lyk that schalke wants 2 keep him. i also heard that we wanna buy barry frm aston villa n sum guy called valencia from wigan

14. goo wak jai

^ yeh i think Liverpool are going to buy Barry... never heard of them intending to buy Valencia though... i'm not sure how good Valencia is but he scored two goals last weekend.

15. w10_chi24

valencia is alright .. pace .. skills.. certainly can improve if he joins arsenal, liverpool or Man U
    he had won the young player award during the world cup

16. sschsu

sschsu Well-Known Member

Yes. 21st of May is the European Cup final.

17. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

neva seen valencia play but hopefully rafa has got da right players 4 us 2 push 4 the title nxt season, if we do buy barry then wouldnt that leave alonso on the bench??

18. w10_chi24

alonso . will never be on the bench.. . cos he wont be need .. rafa is gonna flog him out of anfield

19. HiNg

HiNg Well-Known Member

but alonso is gud i think with da passing and the shots he got, letting him go could be bad

20. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye i think alonso is quite a gd player. takes some rele great shots also that seem to nearly always lead to goal.