3D Origami

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Artwork Section' started by skong125, Oct 20, 2009.

1. skong125

skong125 Well-Known Member

amazingly after painting like 20 traingles, i find some black A3 paper >.> but whats important is that i made it :)

[​IMG]

and i would like to know which people like more, mickey or donald... in terms of my work and not the actual characters :p

#41 skong125, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. Katibear

Katibear Well-Known Member

-what? Wow! They are all soooo good. I'd love to try sometime, but isn't the origami paper expensive? Are there any other kind of tools that you need?

skong125 > I prefer your Donald, it seems to have more detail to it

3. skong125

Firstly, thanks for the compliment and your oppinion

Secondly, i dont use origami paper since they are expensive. Instead you can use any paper thats between 80 to 120 gsm since they work just as well. I tend to find Origami paper are quite fragile and will tear. You can get a pack of 500 xerox paper for around £8 and each sheet you can get 3 triangles out of it :)

As for tools, you dnt really need anything since you can just fold and tear paper with your hands, but if you want things done quickly, a ruler does help and a pair of scissors if you want to be neat. Thats pretty much it. I'd say start with the basic swan since it only uses white paper and its simple... good luck if your gonna try it (Y)

4. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

umm....yeshh i prefer donald ducky more....
    or mebe mickey mousey is close to the camera when ya took the piccie..?

ya should do minnie or goofy nxt...^.^

add oil~~~!

5. Katibear

Yeah :) I think I will try it.
    I'm obsessed with Christmas, and I just coincidentally found an e-book to do Christmas origami..might give that a go, although it does look slightly advanced :D

6. skong125

The Mickey Mouse is rather basic but as long as you can see what it is then i'm fine with it -^_^ and i will Ja Yul

Im thinking of making a snowman or a Penguin but black paper is still an issue since ive got a limited supply >.< but my art teacher is supplying me with paper since she's obsessed with my origami. But yeah you should try it like over christmas holidays if you've got nothing to do.

7. Katibear

Every Christmas, I spend all my time making crafts ><

Do you ever work and make up pieces on your own, or do you always follow instructions?

I can send you the E-book that I have on Christmas origami if you'd like :)

8. skong125

well, for the main triangle i follow instructions the first time i tried it, but then over time when i look at other designs i see they look different so i try and change my methods to see if it will make my product look more like theirs. It's more of how you put the pieces together than how you make the triangles though.

That E-book might be nice, i'd like to see the different designs that can be made, i havent donated any origami to my school for quite some time... Maybe you could post the design images for other people to see :)

9. Katibear

Okies, so I just had to grab all the JPG's from the PDF's and upload them...

I realise it would totally take up about ten million pages if I posted all the piccies here, so I created photobucket album to make it easier, just clicky clicky on the link under the pictures to go to the relevant album -^_^

[​IMG]

• • • Angel Origami

[​IMG]

• • • Kris Kringle Origami

[​IMG]

• • • Reindeer Origami

[​IMG]

• • • Santa Claus Origami

[​IMG]

• • • Santa's Sleigh Origami

[​IMG]

• • • Snowman Origami

• • • && Some other stuffs, mostly single pages.

10. skong125

wow that's quite awesome, have you tried making any of them yet? They do look quite complicated...

11. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

haha classic origami <3

12. Katibear

No not yet :p My boyfriend thinks I should just practice with normal white paper first before wasting coloured paper, but I like to do things properly - i'm probably going to buy some coloured paper tommorow then get on it :)

hehe :angel: is that a good thing?

13. xunx

xunx Well-Known Member

everyone is so talent :} tat good, teach me the skill of origami

14. skong125

Wow, been more than a month since this thread has been last active... Haven't been able to make anything much due to exams but i have made a simple penguin :)

[​IMG]

15. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ aww thas cutee....! keep them coming..=]

16. -Tisken-

havent made any new one recently.... but i dont think ive ever posted this here....
    made this last summer.... =)

[​IMG]

17. lilsweetgal

lilsweetgal Member

Those are really amazing!
    I have the books at home but I'm too lazy to start :)

18. skong125

one thing i never get is how to join body parts together... especially the head >.< i can never do it and it always results in the excessive use of glue >.<

19. -Tisken-

i use hot glue to join them.... and it works really fine ... :O

20. skong125

i dont get if they actually slot in to the body :S hard to explain... but i guess i just gotta get more experience with this and maybe my question would be answered on its own :)