ALIENS?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by !!!TwiLite!!!, Jun 27, 2006.

1. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Anbody that took science in school should know how big this universe is, even in our own galaxy, there is a good chance life exist.

I really would like to see an alien spaceship one day come down from the skies. That'll be so cool.

2. bko1

bko1 Member

if there's water on mars, then it may be possible. lol

3. Appar

Appar New Member

aliens helped to build the pyramids on earth and mars

4. aliens, if u define as a living organism, not from earth, has already a known existance! in mars they have found some microorganisms, too small for the human eye, but have named them green men. hence the saying 'green men on mars'. but if u mean a living capable of thought like us humans, the chance is very small during our time, since it takes billions of years for life to evolve to our stage, and on top of that, the chances on them finding us in the many universes makes such chance even smaller

5. calmwater

calmwater Well-Known Member

thats why we have series like Stargate or StarTrek, to fill your overthetop imaginations

6. dude don't make fun of those shows. they are fucking epic shows.

i take it you don't believe in aliens?

7. calmwater

calmwater Well-Known Member

I like these shows quite well myself, but to answer your question I do believe there may be Aliens somewhere, but i do not believe in these UFO and aliens abducting humans crap.

it just ridiculous

8. armedretards

armedretards Well-Known Member

It might be a case of sleep paralysis !

9. sfucal

sfucal Member

i know predators > all

10. R0ok13

R0ok13 Member

i believe in life in outer space
    doesn't need to be intelligent life or organic life. life is life

our universe is a very big place.

11. matethemouse

matethemouse Well-Known Member

Didn't the pope (the most holy man on earth) just some months ago said that it's possibel for aliens to exist?

12. fruiteh

fruiteh Active Member

Who knows, like some people already said the universe is so big. We have only seen probably 1/10 of the universe we already see... there is more to be discovered in future.

For now... i guess this is no such thing, in future we don;t know =S

13. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

^
    Let's hope the human race will live long enough to see that...

14. matethemouse

matethemouse Well-Known Member

already 1/10. I don't know the scale but I was thinking something like 1/infinity, since the space in the universe is endless (even though the mass is constant)

15. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

im sure theres aliens in the universe. its so vast, its impossible to think there isnt alien lifeforms, other planets with similar environments as our planet are capable of producing lifeforms, but whether i'll see an alien in my lifetime, probably not ~

16. jestyr

jestyr Member

WIth how vast the universe is and how many suns there are out there I believe there is bound to be life somewhere on another planet, however I don't really thing that any have visited us.

17. affa

affa Member

Well there are many galaxies in the universe n there HAS to b a planet other than earth that can support complex life forms.. so there should be aliens out there. its just a matter of whether we get to meet them or not

18. burpyierz

burpyierz Well-Known Member

well i think maybe it does exist since the universe is so huge

19. karsun118

karsun118 Well-Known Member

From what I learned in a physics based astronomy as well as the History Channgel (good stuff there) is that OUR kind of life is actually very rare. And by our way of life I mean, us as a human species, breathing oxygen like we do, having white puppy dogs and green trees. This kind of life is probably 1 in a few hundred billion of replicating somewhere in the universe.

Now this is not to say there ISN'T any other life out there, it will just definitely be alien. We are a particular distance from our Sun, in a particular age of our Sun's existence. This is proved by the fact that the other planets in our solar system don't have life like ours. Most suns are far older than ours, bigger and hotter. But more than that, we have a hard time seeing other planets smaller than the size of Jupiter from other galaxies.

However, if we are to find these aliens we have to find them soon. Because as Einstein pretty much put it, we can't go the speed of light, so it'd take a long time for us to get to the next nearest galaxy. That and the galaxy is rapidly accelerating as it expands. So in a few billion years we will only see other stars in our galaxy. That and if we survive that long there will be fewer stars since we are nearing the completion of our star making capabilities, as evidence by nebulae, our sun, and the rest of the galaxy, which is slowly being sucked into a black hole.

Therefore in order to find other life we will most likely have to turn to worm holes or something...who knows...but there has to be some out there.

20. lurker

lurker New Member

whtr alien exist or not, its just pure hypothesis... most important is where my next rice bowl would come from....