Anyone else here 100% chinese but don't look it?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by ldodol, Jan 12, 2007.

1. jen_lee8

jen_lee8 Active Member

i didnt think it was possible i guess i was wrong then after looking at the [pic above

2. jen_lee8

jen_lee8 Active Member

i actually get mistaken for japanese, like 99% of the time and im pure chinese, its because i really white and i have very small slit eyes

3. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

sigh
    diet totally changes everything
    even seeing the family born and raised in HK have their own physical appearance
    that is totally different from the look and apperance of the CBC and ABCs

my cousins from California came to visit us for the first time when we were kids, up in Alberta Canada
    and one of the Cali cousins thought that one of my CBC cousins was Mexican!!!!!!

wondering, who invited their friend over or something
    ~so embarrasing for him~

4. smallrinilady

your right, too
    i dont know, but i've noticed, specifically Vietnam born Chinese have a EXTREMELY DISTINCT look
    for one, a really flat face . . .

5. liltigger23

liltigger23 Well-Known Member

haha, this is so funny because i was just talking about this with my friend about how no one thinks im "china-born chinese"..
    people always think im canadian-born something, korean, japanese..
    it's all because of my small eyes --'
    my tanned skin doesnt do much for my chinese-ness either haha

i went into a store once and the saleslady was like are you korean? --'

6. powerbehind

powerbehind Member

i'm 100% chinese, i can speak cantonese and madarin but i can't read though

7. sweetpotato

sweetpotato Member

im 100% chinese, but been asked if korean, japanese and even thai!!!

8. _keke_

_keke_ Well-Known Member

same here .. ppl think that i look like vietnamese even sometimes japanese but i am 100 % chinese but born n raised up in sweden..

9. gan_gan

gan_gan Member

i'm british born chinese but livin in shenzhen now, apparently i dont look chinese at all i've been called koreon, phillipino and an indian more than once --"

10. tonkachi

tonkachi Well-Known Member

i get that a lot even thought i live in Hawaii where there are tons of us......most people end up thinking that i'm korean.....those people FAIL

11. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

it ;s her haircut. I think

12. ipepsi

ipepsi Well-Known Member

i'm pure 100% chinese buh wen i get tan i look flip, people who are krn speak krn to me like i understand, same goes for thai, and every other asian nationality. but it seems that chiense people don't talk to me in chinese i dono why...why they hate me -shock !!!!

13. mayes89

mayes89 Member

100% cinese here

14. powy

powy Member

Maybe if you let yr hair grow a little and get a little less sun, you might look more oriental. :)

15. neva_1437

neva_1437 Member

I have a fd who is 100% chinese.. but he's very dark and often gets mistaken for either indian or even native >< hahaha

16. smallrinilady

really? the hair style
    hmmm, yea i guess i do know what you mean

cause it sure doesn't look anything like those geto jap haircuts that all the HK people get

ha ha ha

and a little less sun
    i can't help it
    i tan like hell
    it's from my dad's genes
    half of his siblings are pail as hell
    and the other half of his siblings are dark as hell
    it's whether they took after my grandpa or grandma
    but my grandparents are both from the canton area

17. ITHAKII

ITHAKII Member

ahaha yea. i've been told i looked hawaiian o____O

18. cyrus

cyrus Well-Known Member

well....i mean this is weird.....but let's look at Daniel Wu and Edison Chen....they are pure Chinese i reckon.....they do look like mixed, dont they? how come huh?

19. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Well, I think the reason why so many Chinese today are mistaken for mixed is because of the fact that there is still that stereotypical image that all Chinese have "small, single-folded flattened eyes" - that is not the case anymore, for reasons which I cannot explain. But there appears to be a gradual appearance of pure Chinese with larger eyes, as well as double-folded eyes. In fact, double-folded eyes seem to be quite trendy and highly desired these days among Chinese females - with many of them undertaking cosmetic procedures in order to have this look.

20. xhikarux

xhikarux Guest

lol, was mistaken by a japanese person as one of them. Greeted me with konichiwa! lol, PROUD TO BE CHINESE