Anyone else here 100% chinese but don't look it?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by ldodol, Jan 12, 2007.

1. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

^^ Well a sense of identity is important for some people.... You don't have to be so blunt...

2. shinybow

shinybow Well-Known Member

My cousing is 100% from China, but he looks like a Mexican. People (Spanish) actually try to talk to him in Spanish.

3. silence

silence Well-Known Member

I'm full chinese, ppl always ask if my dad's white. I dunno why they only ask about my dad...I've gotte Native American too, and I give them the o_0 look.

Its hilarious to bust out the Cantonese when people assume you can't speak it....

4. lerster

lerster Member

I look chinese and I look damn good too!

5. narutokun

narutokun Well-Known Member

lol u do luk chinese, my cousin is having da same problem, she goes 2 HK nd ppl speak english 2 er, her m8s say she looks mixed, she get wel pissed off, its so funi 2 watch

6. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i got the same problem too..some pple think i'm viet, asian an even south american!? I'm not that dark..=S

7. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I am 100% chinese but some people say I look Filipino because my skin is darker than normal chinese people.

8. xixi

xixi Well-Known Member

when i'm in china people always asks if i've dyed my hair or if i'm only half chinese cause my hair is almost brown..and then i go, i am 100% chinese and i haven't dyed my hair, it is water here that does that to my hair.....i get funny reactions to that...it is worse for my little bro, cause he really does look like a half chinese although it is not...(too much milk and cheese for the fellow?)

9. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

My sister is born in Canada and I think her hair is slightly brown too. She still looks chinese though.

10. fredawesome

fredawesome Member

I'm full Chinese but I get mistaken for Korean a lot, even by Korean people, lol.

11. sean222

sean222 Well-Known Member

ya at first id think you were from the philipines, but they think you're oriental mixed....i dunno, thats unusual, i've nvr seen a 100% chiense not look chiense

12. fredawesome

fredawesome Member

Haha, Filipina? Really? Maybe it's because my picture is dark. I've actually never got mistaken for Filipino in person. The other day someone thought I was 1/4 White and 3/4 Japanese.

13. frostshards

frostshards Well-Known Member

holy shit. u look hispanic to me. but thats aight....who cares as long as ur comfortable with urself. ppl have said i looked philipino because im relaly dark in summers

14. fredawesome

fredawesome Member

Hispanic?! Damn , I need to get a better picture.

15. hkm91450

I think the guy is referring to the original author of this thread... the guy who actually does look Hispanic.

16. endo

endo Well-Known Member

100% chinese (at least i think i am LOL)
    but i'm always mistaken as a vietnamese...ppl come up to me and start yakking in viet and i just give them the confuse look...

however....i was born in vietnam....maybe that's part of it? but i left really young so no idea LOL

17. hkm91450

Ya, some Chinese people born in Vietnam look Viet.
    I can almost always tell where a certain Chinese is from just by looking at them. Ie. Chinese from HK, from Guangzhou, from Northern Mainland, CBC.

18. k100

k100 Active Member

em does born in differnet country and u are chinese does that make me full lol?

19. ckhar

ckhar Well-Known Member

:D I agree with you..... depend where you were born, your country weather and your country cultural

20. carey

carey Active Member

chinese, but no one has ever said i look like chinese lol