Anyone else here 100% chinese but don't look it?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by ldodol, Jan 12, 2007.

1. gogo123

gogo123 Well-Known Member

Everyone that is Cantonese "assumes" that I've half white and can only speak English. Yet I'm full Chinese and know 3 dialects. I guess because I don't look like the majority of the Cantonese, they just love to discriminate against people like me. The world is big, and yet some, their minds are extremely small.

2. alexx1314

alexx1314 Member

a lot of people think i am mixed blood, since i have a darker skin and am taller than the rest of the fam. Sometimes that is quite funny...once I was in a chinese restaurant and they didnt know i was chinese so they started to talk about me right in my face lol

3. champ91

champ91 Well-Known Member

i often get mistaken for flips cuz i'm dark skinned. but i don't think i look flip
    ________
    Avandia settlement

#103 champ91, Jul 8, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  4. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

I had a friend who is 100% Chinese, but everyone thought he was puerto rican or some kind of latino. I always make fun of him. One time NY was having the Puerto Rican parade and I asked him "Aren't you suppose to be there?"

5. Li-thal

Li-thal Active Member

im pretty sure im like 100% but people thought i was part irish cuz i had sum freckles

6. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

^^ Freckles... now that's unique... I don't think I've ever known Chinese people (Asian people) with freckles.... I know some people with "birthmark" type thingys... but not actual freckles!

7. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

^ i don't know any asian people with freckles period lol, unique indeed

8. ldodol

ldodol Member

haha, none offence taken, i'm all used to people telling me i'm all kinds of nationality. works for a good conversation starter whenever i go out :p

haven't checked this thread in a while, interesting to see what nationality people think i am.

i also have a cousin that is 100% chinese and she has freckles, she just refers to them as sun spots.

still checking my family tree to make sure theres no mix in the bloodline but so far nothing. maybe i'm not going back far enough. maybe gotta go back at least 100 generations up. hehe

9. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

No, not that unique, I have 2 100% chinese friend that have freckles. The girl is really cute with the freckles.

10. JABBAWOCKEEZ

JABBAWOCKEEZ Guest

im 100% chinese, but parents grew up in vietnam
    maybe thats why i apparently look viet... got filipino guesses too

11. i get told i look like korean... but i guess that's same as looking chinese... -unsure

12. Yong-Shi

Yong-Shi Well-Known Member

Haha, I got fooled too at first glance. I thought you were mixed - white and Asian. But wow, 100%? Anyway, I've sorta gone through something similar too. I've been thought of as Japanese, Korean, and Filipino, esp. Filipino since my skin is pretty dark. I once sat in a bus and someone sitting next to me started talking to me in Tagalog! Haha, but like you, I'm 100% Chinese.

But hey, you're not alone. I have a friend who's also full Chinese, but someone thought she was half black.

13. deecee

deecee New Member

didnt think you were asian either, if you wouldn't say so... :)
    whatever, there are more important things in life ;)

14. ogbaka

ogbaka Well-Known Member

my friend is pure chinese but looks like mexican and sometimes philapino

15. someasianguy

someasianguy Member

i've have once been asked if i was a hapa. i got kinda confused when that happened. mostly people think im korean.

16. jogii

jogii Member

I don't think [full] Chinese people with freckles are unique, not being mean or anything, it's just that i know a LOT of full Chinese people with freckles.

I'm 100% Chinese and i've been mistaken for Japanese, Filipino and even Italian -lol

17. DaProdigy_718

DaProdigy_718 Well-Known Member

Honestly, if u didn't tell me u were chinese. I'd think you are 100% White. I do not see any asian there at all. Maybe its the picture

18. kenryuakuma

kenryuakuma Active Member

Dude is that your picture? it seems to me that the guy in the picture is some sort of hispanic or something. U must be popular with The Chinese people once you speak Chinese.

19. ldodol

ldodol Member

haha i look the same in every picture, but i get a variety of guesses, i love the 100% white ones. thanks :D

i need to find more cantonese people around my area. can't seems to find too many friends i can converse in cantonese with around here and i'm in an asian community. all the people i meet here are all taiwanese nowadays.

20. heero884

heero884 Active Member

Same here, I know a couple girls with freckles.. doesn't look too bad.