Are you proud of being Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by hkm91450, Aug 2, 2006.

?

Are you proud of being Chinese?

1. Yes

505 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. I don't care

42 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. gongon78

gongon78 New Member

It depends on where you live. Some places have the worse Asians ever.

2. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

(!) But we're referring to Chinese in particular. Asians, the more you think of it, is such a broad regrouping. Personally I view Chinese very distinct from other Asians. If I was to separate the entire Asia, I'd classify Chinese-Jap-Kor under one branch and South East Asia under another branch. But in reality, Chinese are really Unique. :p

3. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

Chinese people have Yao Ming! What's there left to say?

4. azn822

azn822 Well-Known Member

like with all races......

..iono i rep china to the fullest....
    ________
    volcano vaporizer review

#24 azn822, Aug 3, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  5. YES I AM!!! *spits on the floor*

hehe... just kidding... i am VERY proud of who i am...

6. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

Some reasons why I'm proud to be Chinese:

1. Long history, culture, and traditions
    2. Will become/has become world leading economy
    3. Unique language with so many diverse dialects
    4. Best tasting food of any culture that requires the most skill to make
    5. World producer of most products (go to any country and see how many every day things are "made in China)
    6. Inventiveness: gunpowder, exploration, paper, bubble tea (haha)
    7. Our kids turn out the most successful (study the hardest, and earn the most money)

Some reasons why I'm NOT proud to be Chinese:

1. We are not united; when trouble hits, we all run for our own lives and let our fellow man die (eg WWII where Japs were so united as a people/country and able to take over China even though they are a miniscule country with much fewer people compared to China, while our military spent all their time fighting for power and military control while enemies are invading us; and end up fleeing for their lives when it was too late)

2. Again, we are not united as a people even today: Chinese tend to work for themselves, and not help each other out still...when there's money to be made, Chinese would betray each other in a heartbeat to make more money.

3. We let greed compromise our morals & ethics: Many Chinese would do anything to get rich, willing to sell their souls.

4. We are a cheap people: eg look at how we tip at restaurants, and look at how many of us buys home supplies and clothese (eg cheapest we can find)

5. We are not the "people of courtesy & politeness" that we once were in the past: Chinese people are some of the rudest people in the world....yelling really loud at restaurants, arguing in public, spitting on the streets, men not chilvalrous to the ladies, etc...

6. We are not politically active and don't stand up for ourselves: majority of us don't vote or voice our opinions in public, especially when we are bullied because we are scared of confrontation

Many may claim the reasons why I'm not proud are stereotypes of Chinese, but there's a reason for every stereotype and all stereotypes hold some truth...otherwise they would not exist. I have personally seen many many examples of these stereotypes and it makes me sick of being Chinese sometimes. These are the main reasons why other races look down on us as well. However overall, I would still want to be Chinese rather than any other race because the good outweight the bad.

7. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

im proud of being chinese...the whole asian connection thing...like in toronto most asians kids my age r like linked together...ill b chilling with ppl i don't know then find out they know ppl i know...we're all a family..thast y its cooool

8. hkm91450

^ Yup, that's the great feeling of being a minority - there's a strong sense of connection with others of your own race. That's why I kinda pity people with a definite background ...

9. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

Right on ! That's totally true in Chinese communities outside of Asia, but it doesn't exist in places like HK or Canton where everyone is Chinese/Canto hehe.

10. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

lol we all got our pros and cons

11. HK! Fish

HK! Fish Well-Known Member

YEA YEA CHINESE PRIDE!!!!!!!! :)

I'm very proud to be chinese, cuz it represents for who i am.

12. hkm91450

Yup, in Canada, it's like Richmond, BC or Markham and Richmond Hill, ON - masses of Chinese people, shops, restaurants, malls, services, etc. It's great to see the Chinese community thriving :D

13. ms-jojo

ms-jojo Well-Known Member

that girl's argument has got to be the stupidest (no offence) thing i've ever heard. just because the Chinese is no longer a minority in the world, it doesn't mean we can't still be proud of our ethnicity and culture.

but yeah i understand how ppl feel when they sometimes feel like they're embarrassed or w/e to be Chinese. =P

14. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

if ur not proud to be chiense then change ur skin color..don't embarass our race

15. HK! Fish

HK! Fish Well-Known Member

wow! ur hella mean!!!

16. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

^ =p..making a point lol

17. ms-jojo

ms-jojo Well-Known Member

yeah i guess what kdotc's saying is totally true.

everyone should be proud of who they are. and whats so bad about being Chinese anyway? it's totally awesome =D

18. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

I think just because there maybe some selfish, greedy, etc people within a race, doesnt mean you still cant be proud to be that race.

You can be proud of the heritage, the good people and the country! and chairman Mao -lol

19. Klutzy

Klutzy Member

Can't understand why the person you spoke to is not proud of being Chinese. Every race and culture has its pros and cons. A few negatives never overcomes the positive. But yeah, def proud of being Chinese

20. rNb99

rNb99 Well-Known Member

i'm really proud to be chinese. YAY!!!!