Are you proud of being Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by hkm91450, Aug 2, 2006.

?

Are you proud of being Chinese?

1. Yes

505 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. I don't care

42 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. natto

natto New Member

It's rubbish to think that you shouldn't be proud of who you are just based on population. There's plenty to be proud about as a Chinese person. History, culture, food, music - China has it all.

2. Protagonist12

Protagonist12 Member

China Owns All!!

3. pimperro

pimperro Well-Known Member

Be proud!!

4. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

we chinese are COOLl!! =P

5. mseyt

mseyt Member

yes i am definitely proud to be chinese.. put it this way.. if you're born chinese den at least u should be proud that you've a race !

6. Paperboy

Paperboy Guest

I m proud to be a Chinese.

We Chinese kick asses and will rule the world. HAHAHA.. -evil

7. 4eva Full Moon

Yes..im proud of bein chinese!!!

8. AsianInvasion

AsianInvasion Well-Known Member

Oh Em Gee, I cant believe your friend would say that... although I have a friend that always acts "black".... Well, I believe that chinese have the most diverse culture and the best holiday!! (Chinese New Years) !! Plus we got awesome food and the best music!

9. vanvoong

vanvoong Member

I am proud of being Chinese...in alot of ways I feel fortunate to be Chinese

10. XDTP

XDTP Well-Known Member

I'm not proud of being chinese. I'm happy being the person that i am. I feel that pride is a sign of a foolish person. Being too proud starts arguments. My korean friend often talks about how good koreans are and how chinese people suck, and my chinese friend retaliates. So I would much rather be considered a person rather than be labeled by my ethnicity or race.

11. serenityjun

serenityjun Active Member

I am not sure this is correct or not, but Chinese seems to be all over the world...there are just countless Chinatowns everywhere....

12. HuynhDe

HuynhDe Member

Just like you guys, I am oversea Chinese. I am proud and enjoy being a Chinese. I love "Chinese crowd" like Toronto, Vancouver, Houston, California, New York. I feel Chinese warmth when I visited those places.

Guys, Chinese is one of four earliest civilization on earth. We are connected by our culture and tradition, not by political difference. I feel easier to get close to oversea Chinese who live in Viet Nam, Malaysia, etc. The oversea Chinese tend to understand among themselves more even though they are from different regions. Maybe language skill and different environment? I share my passion with some of the folks shared in here.

#392 HuynhDe, Mar 31, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  13. realazyjai

realazyjai Well-Known Member

proud to be hongkie, prefer not to be referred as chinese. Yes i'm racist, the chinese around Sydney tend to get quite annoying and disruptive / rude.

14. lala_bel_tempo

lala_bel_tempo Well-Known Member

^ loool hongkie aye, i m proud to be Australian =p

15. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol Whats Wrong with Being CHinese, and Yes im Proud, I Love TVB, and Chinese Stuff =P

16. yens0ul

yens0ul Member

I'm just proud of whatever i am :) I am a chinese born in Venezuela :p , im so proud since i m able to speak both spanish and chinese! wohoo!! :p im in toronto! this is awasome!!! i wanna go to vancouver!!!

17. axis3

axis3 Active Member

sometimes try looking at all the people around the world & you'll find that being a chinese is not so bad.

18. k3stone

k3stone Member

Being of mixed heritage, Chinese, French, Vietnamese and Cambodian, I would identify myself most with being Chinese and do it proudly. But I'm also proud of my other heritage. I've read up on and compared the history and culture of all my roots, good old Encyclopaedia Britannica, and find Chinese to be most intriguing. But then I'm probly biased coz I am mostly of Chinese decent 75%.

But, I'm ashamed to admit, growing up in an underprivileged refugee family during the late 80s in Australia, having to deal with racism and poverty, I used to wish I were a white kid. Now I cherish my heritage. Funnily I now have Aussie friends who wished they had more exotic origins.

So yeah I'm proud of my Chinese heritage. But I'm definitely root'n for Australia in Beijing. Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

19. anitram

anitram Active Member

you don't realize how proud you should be of your culture until you have lived in a multicultural country. Canada being one of the largest population of multiculturalism definitely makes you recognize how proud you should be of Chinese blood you have in you.

20. ohiyoo

ohiyoo Member

Yes definitely proud to be asian. We are hard workers.