Are you proud of being Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by hkm91450, Aug 2, 2006.

?

Are you proud of being Chinese?

1. Yes

505 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. I don't care

42 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. kinkycupid

kinkycupid Member

I am proud to be chinese!!
    In the UK, i have never seen a chinese beggar but, my cousin once saw a 19 year old one and lectured him for 45 minutes on his disgrace to the chinese. Then at the end donated him ?5. lol.
    ________
    Lamborghini miura specifications

#461 kinkycupid, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  2. Nameless-KId

Nameless-KId New Member

3. dimon

dimon Active Member

100% proud to be one =D reason? lol i just like the azn culture, i find it really cool.

#463 dimon, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  4. crazy_man206

crazy_man206 Well-Known Member

your logic is flawed. this is about identity. thursday has nothing to do with your perceived identity.

as for being proud of what you were born as, that is quite the norm. whether you are proud to be your parents child, w/e ethnicity, or what country you were born in.

5. Benson

Benson Member

im proud to be chinese lol

6. bobo28086

bobo28086 Member

Yeah I'm proud.

7. yashi09

yashi09 Active Member

yes im

8. rowdy331

rowdy331 Active Member

100% proud and i live in south america.

9. sunsfan12

sunsfan12 Member

being in the US, chinese people aren't that looked upon. we're stereotyped to be nerds, whereas koreans are the cool kids. i think once china overtakes the US in world dominance, we'll be very proud.

10. jazman

jazman Well-Known Member

I am definitely proud to be a Chinese. You can find Chinese peoples in every nook and corner of the world.

11. hargow

hargow New Member

I can understand your friend.I live in a place with a lot of Chinese people and a lot of mainland Chinese.I don't really feel special since there are so many of us all over.And there are a lot of illegal immigrants, Chinese prostitutes etc. all over the world (I heard they even operate in unexpected places like Middle East, this makes Chinese girls look really bad).

"eat each other" means 吃人 that means mistreating or taking advantage of other Chinese like those cases of brick kiln slavery in China or something. I think mainland Chinese are especially bad at this.Someone already mentioned the no manners thing.

I know lots of young Chinese who wish to be Japanese or Korean because their pop culture is cooler. I feel Japanese and Korean are more united. For example, Koreans insist on dating only Koreans and I've heard of Korean shopkeepers, restaurants giving other Koreans discounts (those overseas of course).

I've never heard of Chinese people doing this, treating one another nice because we like to fight. For example, Northerners seem to look down on Cantonese people (I'm part Cantonese mixed with another province) saying we eat dogs and cats and are ugly.-madsign1

http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/101353220.html?si=8

http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/69696338.html?fr=qrl&cid=1&index=3

Then there is the Taiwan v.s China vs. HK vs. Overseas thing.And mainland China has so many problems with pollution, corruption, hygiene etc.

Then there is the racial discrimination thing which I'm sure you all know about...shall not go into that. Living as a minority is tough. :no: I've had Japanese and Koreans behave snootily towards me just because I'm Chinese (though born overseas).

I don't even like Chinese food. My mother cooks it so I have to eat it but when I cook, I never cook Chinese food.

#471 hargow, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  12. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i can relate to that...but the korean dating korean thing is probably the same for many race. But that doesn't apply here as i been with koreans before and think they're open. Koreans don't usually get discounts as the food there is like cheap already..maybe to some people but its not a common thing. But then its like that everywhere if the shop owner or workers know people eating at their place

13. wsam7

wsam7 Member

i always think being chinese is good because if we all spit at something, it can turns into a spit river
    we no need war, we need spits

14. raffn

raffn New Member

of course I am proud of being chinese. actually i dont even mind saying i am chinese as oppose to say i am american or canadian. i think there are lots of kids out there that they are shy on saying that cuz they are afraid they dont fit in with their white friends.

15. Waiting4u

Waiting4u New Member

hell i am proud to be chinese

16. Tiger King

Tiger King Well-Known Member

Where is this place?

17. lonelyguy

lonelyguy Member

yes, because we're the best

18. hargow

hargow New Member

I hate it when I hear Chinese speaking like this. It makes you sound like a crude country bumpkin. Are you one? Another thing that mainland Chinese like to say is that China is big, other countries are small so they can bully others. I don't like hearing that either. They sound very arrogant.

19. smallworld

smallworld Member

I'm proud of my culture but I don't think it matters to label yourself as being "Chinese". Just be proud of who you are.

20. *dazzler*

*dazzler* Member

Hell yeah
    100% Chinese and proud to be