Are you proud of being Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by hkm91450, Aug 2, 2006.

?

Are you proud of being Chinese?

1. Yes

505 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. I don't care

42 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. silverstreaks

silverstreaks Active Member

proud of being chinese

of course............y shudnt i be, luk at all the chinese restaurant all around the world, we're one of the best in the food industry...............english ppl cudnt be bothered to cook, jus takeaway everyday cus its dat nice chinese food :D

2. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Those are very good, well-thought, well-written and well-elaborated points, showing both the good and the bad! I had to point that out and thank you. -lol

3. ribsandbbqbeef

ribsandbbqbeef Well-Known Member

Thanks hkm91450 -worship Yeah, I sat there thinking about the question for a while.

Most of the time, I'm pretty proud of accomplishments by Chinese people; It's when I see other Chinese doing embarrassing things in public that makes me want to shout out "Hey, stop doing that! You're embarrassing yourself and the Chinese race."

4. bopper78

bopper78 Member

I don't think anyone can say outright that they are proud or not proud. If they can, it probably means they haven't thought it through. As in any culture, there are some things to be proud of and other things to be embarrassed about. And, I don't think you can weight them to give an overall "proud" or "not proud" rating. It is not like China could undo the religeous persecution or massacres by putting out delicious food. And, when the colour is red (not even grey), you can't really answer the question "is it black or white"?

5. altongoh

altongoh Member

ya i agree too.

6. Sheth

Sheth Member

proud to be chinese

7. kevin

kevin RAWR!

yes im proud of being chinese cos all those nice food and all dat

8. chabunky2000

chabunky2000 Well-Known Member

Are you proud to be Chinese?

Definitely!

9. dude totally! i hate those asians who are all like oh i'm white. psh BS. why cant ppl just be proud of who they r

10. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

representin

11. zcorpio

zcorpio Well-Known Member

hell yea! smartest race ;)

12. aiknee

aiknee Member

hell yes I'm proud. I'm in Missouri and I still am damn proud

13. etakfew

etakfew Member

We should be so proud of being Chinese: our long history, our OVER ability to adapt in all kinds of environement (basically, we can just survive anywhere!), our values, our innovation and creativity! If you're friend is just so ashamed of being Chinese, please tell her she is TOTALLY wrong!

14. skysz86

skysz86 Well-Known Member

haha nicely said. i cant agree with you more. the reasons y u r not proud of being chinese, i dink i will use as how the chinese should change to become a better ethnic group. a lot of the old chinese ppl r like that but the younger generations does not have to be.

15. william ham

william ham Active Member

of course

16. Proud cuz of the great culture and history we had...

17. flaresz

flaresz Well-Known Member

omg, wots wrong with her, how could she not be proud of being chinese. being chinese is like a statement if ur not in china/hong kong. if ur friend says whats so good about being in the 6th of the population tell her our country is gonna be the world power and everyone will need to respect us. we as chinese will not need to learn the language in 10 years time, we already know it, whereas other people, white, black, indian people will need to suk up to us

18. haobuhao

haobuhao Well-Known Member

many people have good opportunities now and starting their own business. i am proud to be chinese, us is not always as good

19. kamiman1

kamiman1 Member

Yes who wouldnt be proud of being chinese??

20. mikomilli

mikomilli Member

omg YES! being chinese is awsome, i love it! chinese people invented like, EVERYTHING. and yea, chinese food is the best, italians just stole everything from china with marco polo tss