Are you proud of being Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by hkm91450, Aug 2, 2006.

?

Are you proud of being Chinese?

1. Yes

505 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. I don't care

42 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. mikeyh

mikeyh Well-Known Member

yep yep i'm really proub being a chinese :)

2. I am proud to be chinese, I can differentiate myself from everyone else.

Living in England and not having many chinese people around, people find it really facinating when you speak chinese on the phone or something while they are around!

3. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

OMG! she is sooo wrong!
    im proud to be chinese! and im lovin it!!!
    being chinese is soooo cool!!!!
    and i reckon that all white ppl wants to be chinese! hahahahaha!!!
    and we chinese ppl can spk alot of langaues!!!! mando, canto, hakka etc etc....

4. asian-sensation

asian-sensation Active Member

I'm mos def proud to be Chinese

"They call me the amabassdor, I represent all day, everyday to the fullest extent"

"I'm Asian, that's probably what I'll die saying"
    -Jin The Emcee

fuck those two people that voted "No", not being proud to be chink...people like that should go kill themselves, I'm serious

5. crazy_man206

crazy_man206 Well-Known Member

haha thats real talk. P-mall is like HK.

6. rickoon

rickoon Well-Known Member

of course, asian ppl are smarter!!!

7. mr-bk

mr-bk Active Member

im proud of being chinky, have our own language to communicate with our own people, listening n understanding the c-pop music ahah! um, good swear words LOL, um, kool style n accent xD

8. stormshadow

stormshadow New Member

There are many reasons to be proud of being chinese but there are just as many things that happen in china which is beyond our control which personally affects my pride of being a Hong kong decendant. There's no point in listing all the negative aspects of the home country but depite being the largest part of the worldwide population, I still very much feel that we are the minority, not the other way round.

9. tWiNs_4_LiFe

tWiNs_4_LiFe Well-Known Member

there are many racist people in my school and i don't really care about what they say.. i'm 100% proud of being chinese

10. winterfuyu

winterfuyu Well-Known Member

It's not that there's nothing to be proud of, it's just that that person doesn't KNOW of them. And China's supposedly going to be one of the most powerful nations in the future.

I would smack that person and ask her, "Then why don't you go get a race change?"

>_>;

She said, that we don't have the right like Italians or Portuguese (for example) to be all festive and have pride in who we are because there's so many of us (over 1 billion, we make up one-sixth of the world)

Wtf does population have to do with anything...?

...saying that Chinese people treat each other like crap and will literally 'eat eachother' ... whatever that means.

To this I say: Well, you haven't been eaten yet, so it can't be THAT bad. :D

11. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

Fuck yeah Chinese people are the best. To the retarded girl you spoke to saying that opur culture isn't unique? WTF, our culture is the oldest and most unique out of any other countries culture. That bitch should read up on chinese history, she would find out that korean and japanese culture is heavily influenced by chinese.

12. vincent26

vincent26 Active Member

im proud of being chinese...everyone at skool thinks im a freak..i wanna go to hongkong so badly to be around more cantos...my extended family al chinese and we fight to pay the bils at dinners how is that treating each other like crap...!

13. partlan

partlan Member

im proud of being chinese!!! even though im half white...my moms chinese and i embrace my asianess more...=]

14. Danny

Danny Active Member

damn right being proud of chinese.

15. saber77

saber77 Member

did your friend grow up in a unhappy and unloving family? I would think being chinese is a good thing since we have a long and proud history. We are festive think of chinese new years where everyone is happy.. especially the kids because of the red envelopes they get. We are the ones who built the greal wall that can even be seen from space.

16. huang4389

huang4389 Member

I'm proud to me chinese. We invented kung-fu and started the trend.

17. surplusletterbox

surplusletterbox Well-Known Member

There is some truth in what the other person says.As you know she thinks from her experience and she may not be alone! In China long history,many brutal regimes had existed. The main theme seems to be that because there are so many people it is easy to "loose" many without feelings. The competiveness nature of the family line also challenges humanity as a whole. The concentration of wealth and benefits to the powerful few also make life difficult to the vast majority. Overall in the thousands of years of the Middle Kingdom the greatest sacrifice had been made by internal strife and not from external influences. As to whether that we should be proud...of course, we should be proud of any positive contribution to a greater humanity and we should be avoid any negative drag on all of us.

18. dot

dot Well-Known Member

much more so than when i was a kid, im proud to be chinese (values, language etc)... but much more proud of hk culture/lifestyle than mainland china, im afraid :p

19. Morgaine

Morgaine Well-Known Member

My sister's one of those people who isn't proud to be Chinese. We have a lot of stereotypes - cheap, loud, obnoxious, arrogant.

But, as Chinese, we have a lot of culture. We have a language that's complete unique to the rest of the world. We have a system of writing that's also completely unique to the rest of the world. We have a long history. We have very unique philosophies, completely different from the West - Taoism, Confianism, Buddhism. We have such amazing food - the rest of the world is striving to imitate. Our fashion, the rest of the world is trying to imitate. We have a history of martial arts, that is still taught today. Karaoke. Oh my gosh. Is that not Chinese?

I could go on forever. Yeah, it's true, there are lots of things that make me a little embarassed to be Chinese some times, but there are so many things that make me so proud.

20. fobabee168

fobabee168 New Member

all the stereotypical negative attributes can be found in other races as well as chinese. -rolleyes

中国 pride FTW -inlove