Are you proud of being Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by hkm91450, Aug 2, 2006.

?

Are you proud of being Chinese?

1. Yes

505 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. I don't care

42 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. AZN-511

AZN-511 Well-Known Member

I think each culture has its own kind of achievements that the people can be proud of. For example china has the great wall, and the imperial palace. And I don't think it important about being proud of your culture or not, but that you have a sense of identity and a feeling that you belong.

"What's the point of being proud of being Chinese? There's nothing proud about being Chinese." what an as* talk about ultranationalism.

2. MC RaZaR

MC RaZaR Member

I am proud of being Chinese. I wouldn't want it any other way.

3. adrianc

adrianc Well-Known Member

If u look at the blacks, most arel proud to be black and their unique culture. It is unique and kool for them. (except Michael Jackspn) That why u get white ppl "acting" black. u know what I mean.

versus, some asians that want to be white and dissing themselves and making asians look like arses, geeks. what a disgrace :(

4. Err0r

Err0r Well-Known Member

Yep, I like having a relatively more superior DNA than most.

5. kk_gigi

kk_gigi Member

well , we have out own culture and we should pround of it in some ways

6. junsoo

junsoo Member

i'm proud of being Chinese, but not some of the habits and beliefs that some Chinese people have. Such as the closed mindedness of my parents or relatives. such as piercings and tattoos. and some Chinese people are really rude, especially in chinatown.

7. Powerz

Powerz Well-Known Member

I'm proud of being Chinese, having Chinese heritage. Even when I tao toi (reincarnate), I want to be Chinese again.

8. shortxswt

shortxswt Well-Known Member

why would she rather be freakin japenese i mean they copied some of their stuff from the chinese culture.

9. animeangel3

animeangel3 Member

Heck yeah! Why wouldn't u be? I mean it's who u were born out to be; it's part of ur heritage and it's pretty cool to be a little different with a different culture and other people are interested in ur culture.

10. MarcLo

MarcLo Active Member

You bet!...VERY PROUD!...and I thank my parents for that.

11. badbadtz560

badbadtz560 Member

I wouldn't say i'm proud, but I do look down upon wannabe chinese ppl... does that make me proud in a relative sense? :D

12. Tiger King

Tiger King Well-Known Member

I'm happy to be Chinese, I can say I'm proud of it, but not to the point of patriotism and I wouldn't be offended if people talked shit about Chinese, or even make jokes, some Chinese jokes are actually funny... Eddie Murphey did a good one, and also Russell Peters.

13. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Hahaha. What is wannabe Chinese people???:D

14. Danny7835

Danny7835 Member

Ofcourse im proud to being a Chinese.

15. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

i wont deny that i am proud of being chinese but then we at times to go on each others throats.. we do pick on ourselves

16. moodycaddy

moodycaddy Well-Known Member

being chinese rocks. eating rice and good food everyday. like my non chinese friends don't even know what abalone and birds nest are! look at what they're missing out. if there's two things chinese ppl are good at. that's EATING and EARNING money. but somethings i don't like about chinese in china or HK is that they're kinda rude. but other than that. chinese rocks. i also don't like chinese WANTING TO BE another ethnic. i don't see what's wrong with being chinese. ha ppl should really see toronto, everyone here WANTS to be chinese. (mostly b/c of the food we eat -chef ) -bigsmile

17. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I ain't overly proud to be Chinese, I mean, I don't have the patriotism to the nation. At the same time, I am proud of Hong Kong since it is such an advance city, Octopus and impossibly efficient. Hyper-cool.
    But again, it is true that there are plenty of disgraceful things happening in China and Hong Kong, so I am not the all-for type of Chinese.

18. msgbueno

msgbueno New Member

yea who isnt?

19. Shini_D

Shini_D Well-Known Member

why wouldn't you be proud of being chinese!
    Come on, of all the stereotypes, chinese stereotypes are the best.
    We are seen as (by others): Smart, Good Cooks, Especially good at Arcade games (which I find funny when they don't dare challenge you because of that thought) AND we're supposed to be really good at English, better than English people *raise eyebrow* haha.
    I love my race! Proud to be chinese!

Xx Sandra a.k.a Shini.D xX

20. shnukumz81

shnukumz81 Well-Known Member

worddddd