Are You Scared of Death?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by fearless_fx, Jun 15, 2007.

1. VDaP

VDaP Member

I'd probably be frightened there's too many unknowns about death that I wouldn't know what to expect like whether heaven/hell exists or reincarnation or maybe just ending up as nothing. I have to admit I am a bit curious about death eventually we'll all find out what's it all about I suppose.

2. We invest a lot of time in this little life yet we invest little to no time in the next life, your curiosity is good, look into these things while your alive (Y)

3. MarioDsGamer

MarioDsGamer Member

no, because i know i'm going to heaven when i die

4. Lippman

Lippman Member

While I'm not really afraid of death (because it's inevitable), I am more concern about what happens afterward. Is it simply nothingness and you cease to exist? Or is there really the other world? Or is there reincarnation?

5. vangirl86

vangirl86 Well-Known Member

My family believe that people live to die; it is simply the religion that they believe in. However, while I do agree with them at one level, I don't believe that I should simply live in order to only survive each and every day with only basic needs (food&water). I know that if I don't get through my dream career, experience a consummate love relationship (have kids as well), find/create myself, I will be so afraid of death. Basically, I am not afraid of dying if I live my idea of a fulfilling life.

6. top

top Active Member

nothing scared bout deathh. it;s just the love that you have for your friends and family is what your missing and scared to lose it

7. s0uljae

s0uljae Well-Known Member

almost everyone afraid of death except for those who are mentally ill. when people get older, they will accept the fact that they will die one day. there are absolutely nothing for us to do about it but accepting this as a fact

8. pose

pose Member

Everybody fears death. That is what we were taught to believe. If a loved one passed away, you will cry. That creates fear. Time is one of those things that cannot be controlled - it won't wait for you. I can't say that I'm not afraid of dying, but isn't that the reason why we try to live life to the fullest? Death is bound to occur, so life should just be treasured indefinitely.

9. Everyone fears death... says who? you? not everyone cries either.

10. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

^
    I'm one who don't fear death,
    I might be cold hearted, but I don't mind dying

Obviously, I don't wanna kill myself or anything, but if "God" was to say, you will die today, I' wouldn't mind...

11. acejacker

acejacker Member

i dont fear death. death fears me

12. tan chin

tan chin New Member

Hi all, i'm a newbie here and this discussion goes to long for me to read the post one by one. Well at least i've read the topic maker fearless_fx said that he/she didnt scared of death since its ended everything and you dont feel anything afterward. He just afraid of dying..

I think in the contrary.. I didn't afraid of dying.. I afraid IF there's NOTHING after it.. Then, i will be vanished just like that?? Can't think anymore?? Can't feel and can't see people i've loved b'fore?? I'm a logic person and i like to think, so i think it's a nightmare if i unable to think, dreams and make fantasies ;) anymore.

If there's no LIFE AFTER DEATH (like the skepticism, atheism and darwinism says) then i am scared of death...

Don't you feel the same??

13. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

^
    Well if there's no life after death, it ain't really that scary, because you wouldn't even knew you ever existed....
    But rather, it makes the "purpose of life" really has no point (whether you do good or bad deeds wouldn't matter so much)

If there is life after death, I'll perceive life has a greater purpose than just living life and seize to exist...

Whether life exist after death or not, we should try to live life to the fullness so that we wouldn't regret the time that we are here on planet Earth.

(and that we should try to do good deeds as much as possible)

14. tan chin

tan chin New Member

Well, isn't that scares you? You wouldn't even know that you ever existed..
    All your memories with the persons you loved are vanished?? You just... EMPTY.. GONE.
    You...... DIE :)
    For me, it's very scary..

a piece lyrics from alphaville- forever young

"Its so hard to get old without a cause
    I dont want to perish like a fading horse
    Youth is like diamonds in the sun
    And dimonds are forever"

15. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

^
    But why does the memories matter anymore, you're GONE...
    It's kinda like you're going to sleep (The stage where you are not dreaming but asleep, you don't know you exist or not)

I always grew with this concept that death is not a big deal (it actually angers my GF for not caring life), it's not that I'm heartless of anything, but it's just death, it's not the fear or any emotion that "I" will experience, but the things that are left behind....

*In a sense, we take life for granted... We expect to wake up every morning, we should be thankful ^^

16. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ Well-Known Member

Scared of it till the day I die.

17. jkiss

jkiss Member

it's hard not to be scared especially if you know you got a specific amount of time left

18. mplau18

mplau18 Member

i think every1 is scared of death, but many ppl say they are not. but ill admit yes i am scared but not for myself but for the ppl i will leave behind.. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

19. isnt it easiest that way, no need to wonder then.

20. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

Shamefully that some people likes to "plan" their lives and do the list of things to do before you die list, which I think is very organising but also sad, isn't live suppose to be fun or fulfilling by not knowing what comes? Come What May people!!