Automatic or Manual ?

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by hellohuiyang, Jan 13, 2009.

1. ImportTuner

ImportTuner Active Member

Evo 8/9, S2000, MR2 Spyder (2000-2001), Civic SI only came in manual to weed out the noobs

2. gordonng85

gordonng85 Well-Known Member

well, all BMW's except the 7 series were offered in manual.
    even the X3 and X5. Not really weeding out.

There are plenty of douchebags/ dumbasses driving M3's. The stick didn't weed them out. (Although douches now drives S4, RS4's now)

3. ralliart

ralliart Well-Known Member

Wow, every bodies hating on the autotragic transmissions. I don't think their THAT bad..........oh wait, yah they are. :laugh:

I don't mind driving an RS4, but I don't wanna be a "cock" as Jeremy Clarkson would say. lol.

4. Mr. Panpan

Mr. Panpan New Member

It really depends on what car u will drive at most of time, its better to drive manual if its a performance car (Turbo or Supercharged), it will make u hv more desire to drvie, and fun. otherwise, better drive auto cars, its much easier and U wont be annoyed to pick up a incoming call while u r driving..... :)
    u will be able to drive both type if u can drive manual. if u still cant make a decision, there is an option to get a semi-auto car, like VW's GTI. Just personal opinion:)

5. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

i recon shift sticks have more control than auto, but since i drive during fun trips or to relax, i don't see a point for driving a manual...so i prefer auto for now.

6. deesaur

deesaur Member

manual..but if i live in a city like san fran...go with automatic

7. chia

chia Member

Drive manual. Just brougt a new car, whit manual.

Just like it to shift the car, and choose the gear of my own.! :D

8. njthaman

njthaman Property of C Mui

i've always loved driving manual - shifting gears is the most fun in driving! and one thing my driving instructor told me when i was learning was that when driving you gotta try and get to the highest gear you can in the shortest time possible... so driving around in urban traffic try and get to 4th or at least 3rd ASAP... apparently is better for fuel economy/car maintenance but i dunno... just found it fun!

of course now im actually driving i still do that but if driving auto its like playing playstation... stop and go and stop and go... where's the fun in that?

and its a lot easier to get wheelspin and burnout at the lights with a manual =D

9. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

why!?:nuts:

10. reno

reno Well-Known Member

thats cos it takes skillz to drive manual, change gears, indicate, turn, while smsing or talking on the phone all at hte same time without crashing :p
    hahaha

plus driving auto means u gotta find somethign to do with ur left foot (apart from left foot braking) ahahha

11. sn00py

sn00py Well-Known Member

learn how to drive manual and you automatic learn how to drive both flavours and better appreciate automatic cars. If you learn how to drive automatic, you never know how to shift gear. hahaha...

For me, manual all the way because I have better control of the car like going uphill and downhill, turning round the bends all with better control and less wear and tear.... but if one is lazy, then perhaps prefer auto more...

12. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

Wow, 51 replies and no sign from the Topic Starter (or did I miss it ?) ... hellohuiyang ... hello ? ... you made your decision already ? ... manual or automatic ?

13. aznacurarsx

aznacurarsx Active Member

i love manual but then too bad i don't know how to drive one.. it would be so kool to drive a manual especially for a girl.. hehe..

14. BryanQ604

BryanQ604 New Member

I personally think automatic is easier to drive... aka for lazy ppl haha

15. bbes

bbes Incredible

automatic is easier to drive but it costs more and uses more fuel so manual wins, also with manual u can drive both cars therefore acquiring an extra skill and manual cars can go faster, so basically if u can be bothered and ur not lazy u can reap the rewards of manual cars.

btw someone asked whether america has manual cars, they do but very few, majority of people drive automatic these days and all the cars u buy are now automatic if they are brand new, u have to request for a manual and i think it costs more there instead unlike other countries. this is prob cos american's are lazy and hence as their fuel is pretty cheap there they choose the automatic option over manual.

16. Phantoman

Phantoman Well-Known Member

Nah, manual doesn't necessarily win on those points. See my reply #21 on your previous post.

Anyway, manual or automatic ... we are all lazy ... lol ... we should all be taking the bicycle (push bikes) to work/school/etc.

17. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ or just use your legs..like the good ol days and walk....from town to town...:p

18. why don't you go ahead and set an example to the rest of us? =)

19. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ coz i dont have any -down....

20. v.quocbao

v.quocbao Member

manual because you get more power plus you can save gas my shifting to a higher gear when going on the freeway