batman

Discussion in 'Hollywood Entertainment' started by DanK, Jun 2, 2005.

1. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

anyone looking forward to batman begin? i know i am. all those old franchises should come out with another film. like superman. but yea batman; think its all hype?

2. brownishmarker

brownishmarker Well-Known Member

yes and know, yes cause im sooo hopeing its good and not like he last wat was it 2? the first two were alright but come on they were clearly wearing rollerblades at least hide it for goodness sakes (with arrrrrnold) the no is well the main charecter just doesnt seem like batman to me =\ they need better casting directors ish -_-;;

3. I did not even know this moving was coming out? I must be so out of the loop

4. DanK

DanK Well-Known Member

haha! that probably means its not being promoted enough. all jokes aside. i thik the batmobile looks ugly in this film

5. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

wat...man..the bat mobile is wicked in this film..they took it from a series that frank miller did..all his ---- is old school and ol tech...none a this fancy glow in the dark batmobile...read the story behind his equipment..pretty nifty n real ----....can't wait for it to come out....got that grity look to it like the first batman had....

6. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

a little look at the story behind his gear n what not..i thought it was pretty cool..

Without his arsenal of gadgets, the Caped Crusader wouldn't be much of a superhero. By necessity, Bruce Wayne became a serious inventor - and in the upcoming film Batman Begins, director Christopher Nolan (Memento) tracks Wayne's early days of Batgear R&D.

So, where did the Batmobile come from? It's a military prototype that's been retrofitted for urban use. And what was the inspiration for the Batcape? Hang gliding. Because the movie is about Batman's origins, all the gear is still in beta, which allows for a few testing mishaps onscreen. (Where's Robin when you need him?)

Making the hardware believable meant building a slew of functional Batmachines. For example, rather than drop a kit-car body on an existing chassis, some 25 prop masters spent six months constructing five fully operational Batmobiles from the ground up. None of this came cheap - not for Warner Bros., which spent a reported $135 million to make the movie, and not for billionaire Bruce Wayne. "The one superpower Batman has is money," says Nathan Crowley, the film's production designer. But Wayne couldn't just send Alfred out to pick up a Batsuit - he had to develop one himself.

Inside the Caped Crusader's Closet

Batsuit: Bruce Wayne repurposed Kevlar armor from an abandoned military project to fashion his full bodysuit. Then he sprayed on a black rubber coating - for style and protection from the elements.

Batcape: Electricity is key here. When Wayne applies a jolt of juice, the ribs embedded in the fabric go rigid, turning the cape into effective gliding wings. The special "memory fabric" also gives the cape that sweet billowy effect when Batman strikes a pose on top of a building.

Batarangs: These razor-sharp weapons are based on the principles of Eastern throwing knives. Each one is hand-machined in the shape of - you guessed it - a bat.

Cowl: Besides being a protective helmet, Batman's headgear contains a listening device that allows him to eavesdrop on distant conversations.

Gauntlets: These spiked arm crampons can be used for climbing or to parry attacks from villains.