Books Discussion!

Discussion in 'Fan Fix' started by blackmagic, Jul 31, 2006.

1. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

^ hey i gotta admit 'lovely bones' was a bit slow but i still lasted to the end of the book hee hee

2. ms-jojo

ms-jojo Well-Known Member

The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time.

that was a great book.

3. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

yeh it sooo good i love it too :) i think its soo cute that he doesnt like to be touched so as a way of communicating with the dad they just spread their fingers i think is or something like that -cry2

4. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

Lord of the Rings Trilogy , the hobbit..duno bout harry pothead (potter) lol - n i ave the da vinci code but neva read it- hopin to buy steven gerrard autobiography - my fav football (soccer) player in the whole world =D

5. alupin79

alupin79 Well-Known Member

For sci Fi fan: Foundation series by Isaac Asimov, although an incomplete series, it is very entertaining one. I start the Robots series but didnt enjoy it as much as the Foundation.

For fantasy reader: my favorite one is from and old D&D serie (Birthright) and the book name is The Iron Throne from Simon Hawke. Now it is a hard book to be found.

Classic reading: Les Trois Mousquetaires from Alex Dumas. Don Quichotte de la Mancha from Cervantes. But those are very long book.

Kinda read a lot so hard to list them all ;)

6. renegade_cash

renegade_cash Well-Known Member

i cant believe no one mentioned angels and demons by dan brown... it really is a ridiculously good book... also recommend little women by louisa may alcott and memoirs of a geisha by someone whos name ive forgotten

7. BGWxAnNaSuI

BGWxAnNaSuI Well-Known Member

last book i read was "The Chinese in America" by Iris Chang

8. necronrised

necronrised Active Member

michelle paver's ancient chronicle series
    wolf brother (1st installment), spirit walker (2nd installment) and spirit walker (3rd...)

This IS AN AWESOME BOOK! i totally loved it and read all of it from cover to cover 3 times. The best of e series i would think is spirit walker. MUST READ IT!

Lol im pretty sure not alot ppl noe dis series. i happen to chance upon it too.

#28 necronrised, Dec 14, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  9. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

Currently reading:

Amy Tan - Saving Fish from Drowning [​IMG]

10. chic

chic Well-Known Member

The Tales of the Otori: Brilliance of the Moon

Such a nice trilogy..

11. peachey

peachey Well-Known Member

Finished "Saving Fish From Drowning". The middle parts were kind of draggy, and I thought there was a lot of needless repetition, but I do recall several clever moments and meaningful passages. Bibi's dark humor and wit provided some good laughs. [​IMG] Overall, a good book, but definitely not one of the best.

Third book was a letdown for me. I enjoyed the first very much though.

And now, I am currently reading Anna Karenina.
    It's a very light read actually, and I'm enjoying it very much [​IMG]

12. leelee

leelee Well-Known Member

Out (i dont remember the author, but i belive this book is translated from japanese.)
    Da vinci's code-i was obsessed with this book. once i started tor ead i couldnt put it down.
    demons n angels
    the time traveller's wife.

i wanna read!! no time! all i read is my stupid textbooks! i wanna read.. The English Patient, Memoirs of a Geisha, and some other books i cant remember

13. ralliart

ralliart Well-Known Member

The Da Vinci Code!!!!

That was THE best book i ever read. Like leelee said, you can't put it down. I brought that book everywhere i went. lol

14. Airree

Airree Well-Known Member

ech, Da Vinci Code.. that was THE book to read.. too bad I couldn't read it..

I couldn't push myself to get past the 4th chapter.. it was too boring at the beginning.. but that could also be cause I'm still stuck in the "easy" reading books.. but some classics I read and liked was Little Women, Pride and Prejudice, Tales of Huckleberry Finn, the Tom Sawyer one too.

So far, I've been meaning to read Jane Eyre, Gulliver's Travels, Man from La Mancha and Eragon.<-- I was trying to finish it before the movie came out.. but it didn't work out for me..

So far in class, I've been reading/read Night by Elie Wiesel, Things Fall Apart by Achebe, Julius Ceasar

Haven't read Animal Farm or To Kill a Mockingbird yet, I think I'm reading them in my next year english class.

And I read Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan, but I had/have a hard time understanding it. So if anyone could help me out with that, that would be great.