Breakdown recovery companies

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by bbgirlsum, Mar 19, 2011.

1. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

I work as delivery driver at work and I don't really have a problem with my car apart from starting it up after short journeys. Anyways, I broke down on a steep welsh hill and luckily I was parked at one side of the road which just so happened where I needed to deliver.
    Anyways, my car wouldn't start up and there was smoke coming out the back when I stopped the car but it went away after a couple of minutes. My car can turn but it would just cut out.

Anyways as I said, I never really had the problem and as a student I really can't afford to pay for breakdown cover (a year membership). So I thought it's time to join whilst I'm broken down so I decided to phone the AA. Fair enough I went through all the details and I asked could I pay by cash as I only have the money in cash but not in my account and they said no they have to take a card payment. I was like fair enough I told the sales to call my sister but she didn't have her card with the funds with her. But at the same time I was on the phone to my dad and my bf coz they were worried and the sales person couldn't get hold of me so she had to close my application.
    Finally I got my dad's worker to help out but by the time I rang them back up and went through my details again the sales person goes and said "Sorry we are on red alert system and we are not allowed to take anymore new members". I was like WTF! I have been using my mobile which charges me a lot to call them and stressing around just to find someone to tow my car and you do that to me? I could of used my phone battery for a better use and other places but no my phone was dying because of them!

After that my dad rang me coincidentally after that phone call and just told me to leave my car there and go home coz it was a Friday night and lots of garages would have been closed at that time.

I had to phone up a local breakdown recovery and take it to a garage but the garage can't even look at my car till Monday >.< Meh! Why is this so god damn stressful!

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

So at first when you called AA, they accepted your application.. but the second time you called them.. they said registration is closed?

That's kinda fucked up :p

Hope errthing is alright

3. MrCooperS

MrCooperS Well-Known Member

That's just stupid. I would escalate that a bit and find out the details behind the "red alert" crap. AA has been known to have good customer service too...

But your car sounds like it could be a bad alternator or a bad timing belt. Good luck with the car!

4. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

Not too sure they rang me on Monday asking me if I want to proceed my quote and I said no considering they have left me stranded!

Well apparently nothing is wrong with my engine according to the garage, and he fully serviced my car and fixed a water leak... it's pretty bad that it's been 2 days i have been waiting and should be expecting to grab it tomorrow