Brother's Keeper - 巨輪

Discussion in 'Chinese Drama Discussion' started by shinobi, Sep 21, 2013.

1. wal

wal Well-Known Member

didn't that same girl play in snipers shootout where she was "undercover" working as an OL for one episode then she got caught red-handed and got her ass handed to her by the psycho looking assistant? xD

2. wal

wal Well-Known Member

wow... episode 27 is so damn good, we get to see lots of action and above all: the brotherly love between ruco chan and edwin siu.

as a guy, i was very touched by those scenes.

3. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Well-Known Member

this series overall was really good ...especially going from 80's to now...

4. wal

wal Well-Known Member

wow, a good show for a change with a great ending.

really enjoyed this show after the first few episodes, which was rather slow, but after that the show picked up in pace and was very enjoyable to watch.

8/10!

5. jdm_s2k

jdm_s2k Well-Known Member

lets hope the HIP crush continues to be good as the first one...

6. kevin

kevin RAWR!

Good drama, a happy ending that doesn't feel rushed at all! Now that this drama is over, I just hope I focus more in Uni lol

7. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Good drama. One of the best this year.

8. wal

wal Well-Known Member

some nitpicking after i thought of it:
    - edwin siu, when being a hostage, shouted "where is my girlfriend" or something like that, does that mean linda chung is his girlfriend or he simply said that so the kidnappers wouldn't try to hurt her because "she's important" to edwin siu?
    - ruco chan did a good job capturing "gwai ye", but it doesn't change the fact that he did nothing to stop the schoolgirl from being rapped by gwai ye, he even helped him by driving the car.

9. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

He wanted to stop him but the other guy kept stopping him. I think that's what made him help the police to arrest him.

10. wal

wal Well-Known Member

well, he's still guilty i'd say...

and btw what happened to ruco chan's other brother, the one who wanted him dead badly? he was being investigated himself, but we didn't get to see the final result... this asks for sequel honestly :p

11. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

I think he's not important after Ruco went to jail for 7 years...I think he probably lost a lot of power because of the incident. This was his 2nd time beating a criminal (Ruco) when they cannot defend for themselves. There were many witnesses so it's not easy for him to just get away with

12. walter8299

walter8299 Well-Known Member

I think this series is very good, its a little slow in the start, but wouldn't say its boring. I would say as the series progress, it gets more interesting and the pace picks up a little, but it wasn't rushed atleast.

I like how there is a twist to each important character as they evolve. The ending was awesome. Kept us wondering/guessing what's going to happen next. At some point, I thought Sam was going to die to make Rachel and his brother guilty for life for not trusting him. But I guess if they do so, everyone's going to hate on Linda and Edwin, which will destroy those characters. But I know he was shot on the right chest, not the heart, survive should be no surprise too. Its good he survived but never went with Linda and tries to start a new life.

The meaning in this show is good... Hong Kong and Macau went through lots of ups/downs and dark times, but if you stay strong, there is always hope you can survive.

13. nyczalex

nyczalex Active Member

GOOD ENDING!

14. sango

sango Well-Known Member

In general I think it's a good serie, ridiculous and unrealistic at times though.
    I really liked that they included real historical events like the 1997 handover or the 2003 sars disease,
    it all felt so nostalgic.

15. casyong

casyong New Member

good drama of the year