Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by Knoctur_nal, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Sounds like a revamped Battle.net concept.

2. setshiro

setshiro Well-Known Member

they cancelled hardened edition for pc as well...trying to push people to ps3/360 maybe?

3. probably..

oh well.. guess i'll jus play it on the xbox..

4. emburst

emburst Member

til this i still refuse to play a 1st on a console, i guess im stuck w/ the pc version

5. chia

chia Member

Just cancel my pre-orders for the PC version after the news about no dedicated server in Modern Warfare 2 (MW2).

It was the PC, who made Call of duty series famous and it was thanks to the dedicated servers. And now the Infinity Wards (IW) backstab us for the PC communities whit this late and lame info about no dedicate servers in MW2. And just do the same version as the console has (PS3, Xbox). Just start up the game and put in a diffrent server whit the diffrent ppl in every connection.

We all want to play whit friends and the ppl we know of, in the same server host that we enjoy it.
    Now the IW just take that part away from us.

They (IW), want the PC version play in theres net, IWnet, and host the server, around the world.
    We who use the PC and connect in the IWnet, don't know what server we come to in every time, (just like the console version).
    They just randomly connects to the server that WE have the best legacy (ping), at that moment then.

And replacing the Punkbuster to VAC-anticheats from the STEAM.
    By putting VAC - Anticheats will lead more cheats in the server than ever.
    That's my personal opinion about VAC.
    I don't know if it's better. Well future would tell.

That's why it's a huge deal for us whit the PC communities.

Therefor has most of us (I know), cancel our pre-orders for MW2, and waiting if IW change theres mind about the dedicated server.
    If not, in the future boycott all the games from the IW.
    If they won't rethinks about the dedicate servers. So I think the IW is digging there own grave if nothing happends.

So click at the links http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/ for petition if you haven't done that.

* fotnot: just about 162400 ppl had sign the name (and counting) to let IW know that they removing the dedicated server from PC version is wrong.
    Don't know how much the game cost in the US. But I think it's about 60 dollar
    and if all 162400 ppl have cancel theres pre-orders.
    Then the IW has lost 9 744 000 dollar from the income.

6. setshiro

considering what they'll be making off the ps3/360 version i doubt they really care that much...look at how many people complained about sony's psp go, didn't change a damn thing

7. yea pretty useless for the partition considering thats the main thing they're pushing for.. IWnet and how it will 'change' the pc community for better or for worst..

But yea.. all that match making stuff.. kinda up sets me at times..

For example, if I lost to someone really bad in a match.. I wanna find the person and get revenge!! lol.. but with match making you get random people everytime..

mainly i'm more comfortable with having some sort of indication that the server I join will have good ping, but you can't tell with match making. Plus you can't switch teams or join mid game.

8. dedicated servers cost money, the game is well established so they dont need to put so much effort into things like dedicated servers.

9. Ukitake

Ukitake Member

a lot of people are gonna get knifed on the release day. I wanna be the one doing it :D

10. well i mean.. if the pc aren't gonna have extra features.. might as well jus stick with console..

11. setshiro

the hardened editions for 360 and ps3 came in today...ooooo got to touch them...i considered stealing a ps3 one XDDDD...we had 9 pre orders and 10 copies...no one...would...notice...right?

12. saranghayo2

saranghayo2 Active Member

damn When will it be release cant wait to get it.~

13. lol starting to kinda want the pc version again.. still can't decide..

14. i dont even know if i want to buy it.. i only want to play the SP :p

15. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

everytime i watch the release trailer, i'm back to getting this.

16. So no dedicated servers, no clans, no mods, no custom maps, if the "host" quits the game there is a 5 second pause before it moves to another server, no games larger than 9v9, no console commands, no way to kick hackers...

17. game of the year... for xbox..

18. ^ what's that supposed to mean? <_<

19. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

Gonna be lining up infront of bestbuy at 11:30 tonight to get this game at midnight along with all the other nerds and gamers. I've never done this for a game before, but i gotta get online and start pwning noobs.

I got 10 dollars off the game cuz i pre-ordered. And then the cashier gave me an extra 10 dollar gift certificate for some reason i could not figure out... I think he misunderstood the promotion. So i'm basically getting this brand new game for 39 dollars. Fucking Sweet.

20. ^ try not to shoot the 'host' or you'll find the game will end pretty quick when he rage quits lol but that aside i dont see the point in queing up, it certainly aint gona sell out but i guess it may be fun or something.