Can a Christian and a Buddhist have a happy marriage?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by weilinny, Jan 1, 2008.

1. cadeline

cadeline Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you there.

2. csfsorjai

csfsorjai Member

it depends on the persons, if they able to respect each other and try to convert them I guess it will work out

3. miss_pinky

miss_pinky Active Member

No, why?

I think this is happening to u right, so r u buddhist or christian?
    My thought is, if both of u really love each other, at the end, one of u will sacrifice and change the religion to other. Trust me, otherwise, things will not work out. Usually the buddhist one will change, cause chrisitan people have a stronger faith in their belief.

4. trangtwo

trangtwo Well-Known Member

Yeah as long as both are open minded and not too extreme. There are some cool Christians, and some who absolutely hate it if you don't believe in god. I'm just speaking from experience.

5. cxliew

cxliew Member

Well, It all depends on both ppl. If a person has strong christianity in him/her, the person will experiences the problem arising from the dating stage itself. If both don't mind, the marriage should be fine. If the buddhist person don't mind converting, then work out find too. If both not srong, also will work out fine.
    I dont' see a reason why a marriage cannot be a happy one?
    Plus, there are so many couple in this world, married and having a happy life although they both are different religions.

6. adg

adg Active Member

I don´t think that´s any problem, love overwins everything or isn´t that right?

7. PrisonBreakIII

PrisonBreakIII New Member

i guess... got nothin to do with religion... after married the important part is they are happy forever...

8. yip

yip Well-Known Member

as long as there is respect for each other's beliefs then its fine =]

9. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

if both agree and stuff about their beliefs of course they will have a happy marriage

10. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

from what I seen Christians and Muslims seem to be the most closed minded ppl,when it comes to this topic.
    Buddhist will have to convert in order for the Christian, to accept them.

11. spawn92704

spawn92704 Active Member

A happy marriage can exist if they don't push their beliefs upon each other.

12. mick87

mick87 Active Member

i dont see any problem with that? unless there's law prohibited them...

13. tiffystars

tiffystars Well-Known Member

yeh, it depends how strongly their belief is?
    I'm a christian myself and i personally think it's not right?... but i respect those who think it's ok..
    it's just ..to me, God is one of the main connections of a close married couple...
    that you should stand firm in God before you start relationships?

14. sunnydaiz

sunnydaiz Well-Known Member

Not impossible, but very, very hard. But nowadays, more and more people are holding 'casual' attitudes towards their own religions. So, if they can avoid talking about religion, there should be no problem, I guess.

15. Konchence

Konchence Active Member

I really doubt it because they both have different cultures, beliefs and priorities
    they would argue a lot in my opinion

16. Flames

Flames Out of Date User

It depends on how devoted one and another is, if both of them is really devoted, then not really, cos there will be arguments on about religion. But if one of them isn't really that devoted then they can convert. If they're both not that devoted, then things should be fine.
    It also depends on how much they love each other, that change a lot of things.

17. ManicFreak

ManicFreak Well-Known Member

Pretty much. Just look at what happened in Korea with the temples burning.

18. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

From what I have seen and heard, that's usually the case, Buddhist teaches to accept and to respect others. You can be a buddhist christian, I have a few friends who are like that. Kinda of a conjudiction but if they are ok with it, that's fine. But I hadn't met a Christian or Muslim that are that open minded about this issue.

19. ManicFreak

ManicFreak Well-Known Member

Definitely true. There's a reason why Buddhism existed with Taoism as well as Confucianism in China for many, many years.

20. bko1

bko1 Member

one always succumbs to the other. it seems impossible for both religions to last in marriage but is likely