Canada Introduces New Plastic Currency - About time!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by person, Nov 16, 2011.

1. reno

reno Well-Known Member

and the fact that the notes don't fit in 99% of other wallets
    >.<
    at least pick a NORMAL size come on...

2. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Does it blend?

3. superviper

superviper Well-Known Member

i know some of the stores they won't accept $100 bill, hopefully it will change!

4. person

person Well-Known Member

Why? They think they're fake or something? That's sort of ridiculous. I'm sure it'll change. They have to. And definitely do a better job in promoting the new bills. I'm sure people aren't accepting them cause they're not sure if they're real.

5. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

LOL The looney. Didn't Australia create something close to this already?

6. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Don't we all.
    They have to accept it. As long as it's legal Canadian money they're technically not allowed to reject it.

7. ao_xxx

ao_xxx Well-Known Member

plastic notes better. paper tears too easy and easier to counterfeit.The way things are going electronic payment will be the future so going plastic now is leaving it a little late.

8. blkperc

blkperc Well-Known Member

i find that they are quite hard to count when you have a whole stack of them...but i guess we'll have to get use to it.

9. roark182

roark182 Active Member

Austrialia has had plastic currency since 1989. so it's been a long time due for us, but USA is now thinking about implementing coins for the 1 and 2 dollar bill as well, they seem more far behind.

10. roark182

roark182 Active Member

ahhh but that's if you have a bank account. they say in the world, only 30% of the people have a bank account. most of them rely on paper money in the end if electronics fail, theirs always plastic/paper money to fall back on.

11. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

^ falling back on fiat money doesn't sound right to me. If you want something to fall back on, buy precious metals.

12. roark182

roark182 Active Member

well thats if the whole entire system of money fails, then sure metals are more precious. but it's more likely that electronic fail then the system of money we have right now.

13. Vietnam has had plastic/polymer bills for a long time now.... really can't say it is innovative......

14. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

canadians :facepalm: it melts in yo pockets

15. lala_bel_tempo

lala_bel_tempo Well-Known Member

yep..they don't rip easy lol