Canon EF 70-200mm IS II photos anyone?

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Artwork Section' started by BestOffer, Jun 19, 2010.

1. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

JEALOUS? what lens do you shoot your wedding photos then?

2. gordonng85

gordonng85 Well-Known Member

^^

Usually ppl use the 70-200 on full frame at weddings.
    I'm seriously debating getting the F4 IS version or upgrading to 7D

3. BestOffer

F4 for low light conditions at weddings? enough?
    7D isn't full frame...why not 5dmk2?

4. gordonng85

gordonng85 Well-Known Member

7D isn't full frame, yes. The 5DmkII is kind of expensive lol.
    f4 is enough imo. I have a 50mm f1.4, and I rarely shoot at 1.4, f2.8 or f4.

5. Crystal84

Crystal84 Well-Known Member

I don't think 7D + 70-200mm /f4 is a good combination for Weddings. As noasian mentioned before, in low light conditions this could be a real problem, especially for weddings which is not everyday =)
    The crop factor of the 7D makes the lens bit too long for Churches (my opinion). Furthermore the 7D can't really compensate the /f4 with High ISO settings since the noise level would rise significantly. On the 5D MKII or even the MKI it would be a different story, because of it's top level ISO.
    The 50mm f/1.4 will normally produce the sharpest photos at f2, maybe thats one of the reasons why you don't use it? ^^
    At the moment I am looking for 85mm f/1.8 or the 135mm /f2.0 L .... going into Portraits...yay..

6. BestOffer

is only about $600 more and wedding photos not in FF?
    when a wedding fee start from $2800, you should have some room to spend and get the 'best' quality out from them for your customers to enjoy?
    interesting to know about your usage to 2.8 but i have been using it since day 1 of the lens, is amazing what 2.8 does...shooting night scenes with it when P&S users had the auto flash on -huh
    as i don't make money from my photos (not any time soon), and i wanted a FF body already, i don't get how you can make money with them when using cropped sensor

my f2.8 shots today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. itemo

itemo Member

this lens is superb..

8. amnesia77

amnesia77 Member

The F4/IS is fine if all of the wedding shots you're planning on taking are outdoors. The 70-200mm focal range takes really nice wedding photos, but only when there's sufficient lighting. I own the F4/IS, and would love to upgrade to the 2.8 IS2.

noasians - awesome photos.

9. BestOffer

is not just about lighting with the F, with the 2.8, you can really blur the background really nice and focus on the subject

10. eggrollboy

eggrollboy Well-Known Member

I have the older (cheaper) 70-200mm F/4.0L lens. I would love the F/2.8 & IS though. I'm glad I honed my skills for hand holding the camera really still. I guess I'm the human version of IS.

My F/4.0 is just enough for indoor wedding shots. Lucky my 5D MKII handles high ISO really well and a lot better than my older 5D MKI.