Carnivor/Omnivor/Herbivor?

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by aishiteru4, Jun 11, 2007.

1. lee-lee

lee-lee Well-Known Member

i eat meat once or twice a week. i'm still an omnivore right? can't exactly live without meat but i don't have to have it everyday. i eat a lot of seafood though. fish, shrimp, scallops...
    i guess i'm a bit nuts when it comes to getting my veggies. i live by myself so i portion everything. i make sure i get a tonne of veggies. fav would have to be either broccoli or guy lian.

2. candeee

candeee Well-Known Member

I'm more of an carnivore...I only like a very few types of veggies. I always seem to have cravings for meat cuisine like ribs, hamburgers, steaks etc but no cravings for veggies.

3. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

excatly.. i have a fren who has been vegan all her life.. i repeat vegan... no milk or eggs or anything that comes from an animal... n she's living healthy till now... 20! ahhaa
    she takes supplements...

4. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

I'm almost a carnivore if I don't force myself to eat healthy foods. I absolutely hate greens!

5. aishiteru4

hmm u should try vegetarian food.. lol they are vegetables.. but meat flavor.. haha

6. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

All her life? -huh I am curious what she ate when she was a baby... since just a while back, there was a hippie Vegan young couple who killed their offspring by not giving it a balanced diet, I remember they were charged with manslaughter? -tongue2

7. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I tried something like that before. It was disgusting. There were some meat flavour but it doesn't match the texture at all, truly gross stuff.

8. dreyvii

^Yeah, the texture is kinda funny. But it's not too bad once you get used to it. I just don't like vegetarian food cos of the generous amounts of oil used to cook the food.

9. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

I didn't like the amount of oil they use to prepare vegetarian food either. But I guess they have to compensate the lack of fat (from the lack of meat) in the diet... -innocent2

10. Shirotori

Shirotori Member

Im omnivor. I can probably eat all kind of meat dishes and tolerate certain types of vegetables heh. I dont like all of them.

11. kakenx

kakenx Well-Known Member

I eat both.. veggies and meat so I guess Im an Omnivor!

12. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

i dont particularly like red meat......i eat chicken and seafood.....

13. aishiteru4

ok ok maybe not when she's a baby.. when she's having milk n all.. but i guess when she started eating solid food... cos when i asked her.. she said she doesnt even know how meat taste like... so i suppose she hasnt had any meat as far as her memory serves.. :):)

no.. its not that bad.. they made prawns looking like prawns... ermmm fish like fish... its quite good... i've tried fish that even have the texture that's flaky..

-lol more like they fry every darn thing ehhehe

14. dreyvii

^ Hmmm...I tried a ginger 'chicken' dish, and it tasted just like any soy product to me. Yeah, they use the frying method to cook a lot. I guess everything tastes 'better' when deep fried. But I just can't stand the dripping oil...

15. aishiteru4

i know.. hehe me too.. lol... oh oh then have u tried vegetarian sharkfin? they r good thou eehhehe i like it.. hehe

16. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

Isn't everyone practicallly a OMNIVORE except for the herbivores... you need proteins from meat and vegetable. i can't see how you can survive with only meat. you will get malnutritional deficiency which leads to diseases ...

17. aishiteru4

have u ever heard of beans? they give u protein... n supplements? :p

18. dreyvii

You serious? THere's vegetarian shark fin?? Hey, I'd love to try that someday...been missing sharkfin soup ever since I swore off sharks fin

19. aishiteru4

hehehe u dont have to miss it now... hmm... i know there was one place.. but i have not been there in ages.. the last time i had it was like 1.5yrs bak... somewhere in damansara new town i think or old town... dunno.. there was this vegetarian place.. their sharkfin was yum yum...

20. Loreen66

Loreen66 Well-Known Member

Omnivore. I love both meat and veggies. Can't just eat plain meat without any vegetables.