Chinglish Anyone?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by plue05, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Jayotacon

Jayotacon Well-Known Member

Sometimes I mixed up with chinese english and german
    and what is that ?^^

2. MLAM

MLAM Well-Known Member

I have to say I end up mixing English and Cantonese up when I am speaking to my parents or relatives lol

3. auta

auta Well-Known Member

i LOL'd......

i dont think i have a problem with vocab, i just dont have the HK accent

4. Seijai7872

Seijai7872 Member

Chinglish is cool but it sucks when you go back to China and speak to a full canto speaker :(

5. bakayaro

bakayaro New Member

ahaha i grew up LEARNING chinglish! it's great...works in canada.

6. lovinglyxx

lovinglyxx Well-Known Member

gum chinglish hai mai supposed to be gum yeung ar?

7. haun

haun Well-Known Member

most chinese are kind of like chinglish. at home they speak chinese with their parents and english outside the house.

8. snowpear

snowpear Well-Known Member

Lol. i do that too. What can i say? I can't help it if my chinese sucks you know.....

9. oshido

oshido Member

So it's something like market language??

like mixing 2 languages together??

10. coca cola

coca cola Member

I'm a BBC, and speaking Chinglish is a everyday use between friends.....
    Until the White Guy goes, what did you say??
    I think we should all get together 1 day and form our own dictionary!!

11. Shirotori

Shirotori Member

I sometime use half and half too when speaking with my friends. But do you guys notice that each new generation of chinese people that are like born overseas are like loosing more and more of their chinese culture and chinese spoken language.

12. dawgxmaster

dawgxmaster Well-Known Member

13. sze ern

sze ern Member

I'm pure Chinese and i come from Malaysia =D. Eventhough i'm Chinese, my first language is English.. I speak English in school (last time) and Cantonese at home. But now in my new school, i'm speaking both English and Cantonese in school (due to many Chinese friends). I have this kind of accent when i speak Cantonese, it's sounds really weird! but i tried to improve myself this year, and i think my accent is okay now.. lol. so happy! but i tend to use Chinglish sometimes.. and also Manglish and Malay+Chinese =)

14. eva_v_angel

eva_v_angel Member

im bbc so chinglish is sort of a given.
    my englsih friends always find it weird when i can pick up the phone and switch from english to chinese without breaking sentence.
    i can speak enough cantonese to get buy, but sometimes the chinglish just comes in and to be honest it just makes everything sound funnier sometimes.

15. slee

slee Active Member

^^ haha yeah... same here.
    Like when i'm with my english friends & then suddenly my dad calls me...conversing in chinese & then slip in a few english words as you do. Afterwards my friends were like...''omg, i heard my name! & McDonalds!''Bless them.

I swear Chinglish is used in Hong Kong as well, like they always speak in cantonese & then blurt out an english word randomly.. but with a chinesey accent! I find that hilarious! Especially when my Aunts in HK try to pronounce my name- Seee tephh hannie ahh?(Stephanie) :)

16. tricky7_

tricky7_ Well-Known Member

Never got the chance to try it. :( It prob gets more Chingdish (Swedish+chinese) when I try to explain something to my parents. In this small town (<20 000 ppl) it isn't easy to find Chinese speaking people. :( All the Chinese ppl are my relatives, and those who are of my generation, it's only my brother and two childish cousins left.

17. Chinglish all the way
    True BBC -lol

18. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

Its all about fusion these days anyways :D

19. dragon_dayz

dragon_dayz Member

use Chinglish all the time! it just comes out and I dont realise it hahaha

20. drkychu

drkychu New Member

hi there