Chinglish Anyone?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by plue05, Oct 31, 2007.

1. chinese_kid

chinese_kid Active Member

yeah chinglish here. only last month when i went back to China, had to speak some chinglish since my canto aint up to scratch, since imma BBC lol

2. themvp

themvp Well-Known Member

I always feel friendlier to speak Cantonese with my friends, although sometimes it's easier to express myself in English

3. fuckyou

fuckyou Member

it sounds so wrong but i can't stop myself from saying chinglish because theres some words i just dunno how to say in chinese

4. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Do you know how to say your username in Chinglish?

5. kenryuakuma

kenryuakuma Active Member

Hey...That's hell bad man! Don't say that to anybody. It is just something shit about other people's mom.

P.S Chinglish is a term I guess originates from TW or Chinese and later it is applied to English. But Chinglish, in most cases, is referred to those who speak really poor English. An example would be something like, according to the way how TW or HK or CH speak English. When you ask someone who old they are. U are supposed to say: What's your age or how old are you? This is correct grammar. But Chinglish would be how old you are or how old you something like that, which doesn't make any sense to the Native Speakers. For those ABC, who wanna learn better Chinese, take a tour in HK or stay there for a couple years, your Cantonese will be greatly improved.

6. Personally i don't mix both languages together, i guess its cause i'm fairly fluent in both english and cantonese that i either speak one or the other, depending on which group of people i'm around.

7. Fairyfloss

Fairyfloss Active Member

oh yes...i must say i have mastered the art of chinglish....

8. an0nymous

an0nymous Well-Known Member

have u guys ever got laugh at for speaking chinglish ?? thats y wen i around chinese speaking ppls that i dont no i will only speak english.

9. dqg

dqg Member

it think chinglish should not be cool because you mix up with languages. what do you think if a Frenchman start to use french words on the same reason. i rather then learn Esperanto. then eastern language use ideas; western words are apprehensions, understandings... you will understand that if you try to translate an adjective vice versa.... main point are if you don't know a word look it up; you will learn and be more intelligent. and main thing is each has his identity and should keep it for the sake and proud of his origin or both origins

hongkong chinese here trying to give up chinglish

10. elow12

elow12 Member

i think chinglish is hillarious :)