Closeness to History?

Discussion in 'Beyond The Realm Of Conscience - 宮心計' started by tallgirl888, Jan 2, 2010.

1. tallgirl888

tallgirl888 Well-Known Member

I have to admit I am very behind on Chinese history - how true is it that people are not allowed to have relationships within the Forbidden city?

It seems inevitable that people will want to have a life in the long term and marry if they find a partner!

The whole power play between queens seem totally believable as that is their world - coupled with grudges and perhaps some mental illness and Tavia is totally believable as the scheming queen with no morals as she is in survival mode...

Are there similar divisions to the arts in Forbidden city as well? (textile, food, jewellery, etc) - I wonder if men led them or women?

Lately all these TVB dramas have powerful women, wonder how true it is in reality in the past? Even now I don't think women are equal to men in a lot of aspects in modern society.

2. codon

codon Well-Known Member

-_-2

3. xboys

xboys Member

I also don knw much about this history... haha

4. aznxray

aznxray Member

The series was during the Tang dynasty, the forbidden city wasn't there until the Ming Dynasty. I'm pretty sure the details in the series were made as real as possible