Considered fat by HK standards

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by smallrinilady, Jun 12, 2007.

1. xstarBURST

xstarBURST Well-Known Member

I think it's asia over all, Im considered fat in the China standard. My dad's always saying how big my butt is but when i look at it, it's flat. The whole asian look isn't all tat appealing, i mean the pretty boys can pass as a girl and girls are like twigs that looks soo breakable.

2. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

^your dad is checking you out?!

3. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

lol...thats just funny...
    if my dad would ever say anything about my butt....=/

4. most of the time the mothers are whining about the looks.. or not? Oo

5. THF20

THF20 is a Chinese

I dont know what you look like, so I cant comment about this.

I think the size thing, they all depend on what peoples' point of view.

I am sure not everyone think the same way as your friends in Hong Kong or other places...

6. konverse

konverse New Member

so is it good or not then?
    people are saying here its not healthy,
    next they say they envy someone with a 26 waist?
    to me 26 waist is average!
    im 5'6 weigh 100pounds n flat chested 32-24-33
    my waist is wide for the other measurements.. feel like a boy!!!!! but i dont obsessively diet like people think..
    people tell me i should stop dieting ect.. but really i eat mcd like crazy.. i eat normal london stuff.. so its the same as people who can drink just water and put on weight! i find it no problem

the problem is when someone with rolls or flabs wear something reaaaallll tight like they are skinny or sumfing.. thats just wrong! i hate seeing that and makes me glad that im slim..

would u guys classify me as anorexic and waifer thin? but i can do 15 push ups (thats good for a girl!) and i bet i could out run you in a race! im 22 by the way!

7. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

^ lol maybe you should show us a picture then konverse, so we actually know why people say you should stop dieting :]

8. konverse

konverse New Member

#208 konverse, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  9. tricky7_

tricky7_ Well-Known Member

I think that over all chinese/asian people are smaller (and perhaps a reason why is that people óver there don't live their lives as comfortable as we do or have the same habits). I was in China at eastern this year and I found out when I was shopping that in some stores the size system is a size smaller. For example: I'm a Small-size here in Sweden, but when I was shopping in China I was i Medium-size.

10. meimei917

meimei917 New Member

I know how you feel. It's like no matter how good you feel about yourself it's like the minute you step foot in HK you're made to feel like you're too fat even though you're healthy. I'm about the same size as you and I like how I look and feel for the most part but no matter how I feel there seems to always be those who are just haters. As I read through this thread I'm kinda annoyed by girls with 27 waist and complaining that they're fat. I don't mean to offend but it's like they're fishing for compliments. I find the HK clothes don't fit right for me since my chest size is larger than an average asian.

11. yumdedumjenn

yumdedumjenn Well-Known Member

well first of all its the nutritions in hk. ppl dun have as much junk as in US and also people in hk care alot about their appearances, which annoys the shits out of me =/. why cant ppl be happy with the way they are? everyone is pretty and beautiful in their own ways. the numbers are just digits for society to either mock you or praise you.

12. wheezo

wheezo Well-Known Member

whoever is in that picture is not fat at all... -.-
    i need to go to hk and see for myself, i havent been there since i was like.. 5 or 6 lol

what about guys?? are they skinny in hk too?

13. I'm a whale =P I'm UNHEALTHY fat (ok, maybe not that unhealthy, but I'm overweight by the Canadian stanadard), and yet, I don't like junk food much. I dislike sweets most of the time, and my mom forbidded me in buying junk cause she wants me to go on a diet. I actually walk for excercise and sometimes jog in the morning. Yet I'm still fat. I don't have problems buying clothes in China since they're not that freaky as Hong Kong, and I wear guyish clothes =P So I'd always end up getting a men's small or something.

14. dewi

dewi Member

I hate how hong kong girls always think they are so "fat" when they are 20 pounds under the "standard weight for their height"!!
    I guess the media really pressures them though because in chinese magazines, most of the advertisements are celebrities who sponsors dieting companies

15. Thisdamngood

Thisdamngood Well-Known Member

but seriously, alot of asian girls here in America have too much meat on them. I would take the skinny ones over the meaty ones.

16. distemper

distemper Well-Known Member

You should post your weight & height and then we can judge what we think if what you are saying is true.
    But yes, i have a friend who looks on the verge of anorexic yet if she went to HK she would be considered normal

17. chimagun

chimagun Well-Known Member

wow is it really that bad in hong kong???
    is it true that most guys from hong kong are stick thin also??

i'd probably be considered huge there then, i'm only 5'3'' but 135lb yet i consider myself average

18. grumpy

grumpy New Member

i suppose is the food that cause the problem...all the while when i was in msia, i eat everyday 3 meals outside. N now that i came to Aus, i cook for most meal....but i gained 3kg?!?!

my god......i dont know what has gone wrong...i suspect that food planted here are much richer compare to my own country. Even iif u eat the same portion u will put on weight... so i gotta reduce portion by starving..

19. BagGirl

BagGirl Well-Known Member

I was born in HK and raised in the UK so weights not been a problem 4 me. I weigh like 50kg and would consider myself skinny in UK standards but I would be considered fat when I go 2 HK. Which I think is quite bad but HK people do think that looks are very important and ur nothing unless ur thin! Its just a reality.

20. MunMun

MunMun Well-Known Member

i wanted to be like them stick thin hk girls but then they dont seem to have much of a figure apart from skin and bone..... unless of course they have plastic surgery... so yea i think hk girls are too skinny