DANCE! Super Dancer Online! DDR !?

Discussion in 'Gaming Section' started by itzd0pey, Jan 26, 2007.

1. saikira

saikira Well-Known Member

thanxs for postin this!!!!!

2. nash

nash New Member

i got stuck at lvl 5!!!!

cannot seem to level up anymore... my lvl up bar is full but seems like i have to do something first... there is something in chinese but i do not understand...

help anyone?

what about other levels? it would be nice if there is a table on all e lvl up requirements...

3. terri

terri Member

^ for lvl 5, if i remember correctly, you have to play with a group of people and in teams, in pk mode i think

4. Forumchibi

Forumchibi New Member

At level 5 I had to play a 3v3 game, not necessarily a PK though.

5. Forumchibi

Forumchibi New Member

FYI, if anyone from the US (or anywhere else for that matter) wants to buy an activation code or M-points for the Malaysian version, this website is pretty good: http://www.dolarmaker.com/my/

They were pretty prompt in replying to any and all questions I had. They take credit card and PayPal, and you can buy their products directly - there is no need to buy point cards like on some other Malaysian sites before you can buy everything else. They sell a Softpin version of the activation code which they can e-mail the activation code (they actually post it in your transaction history on the website under your account), rather than having to wait for them to send things in the mail.

The first time I bought something, they were supposed to send me an e-mail to verify my identity - I never got this, I found out about it after I e-mailed them asking how long it takes to receive the activation code. After filling it out, they actually called my cell phone (the number I entered in my account info) about 30 minutes later (I had done this during THEIR business hours). The woman on the phone spoke Engrish, she pretty much just asked if I had ordered from their site and what my address was, then said I would get my purchase in about 15 minutes, which I did.

Now, as for the Malaysian version, I have several comments to make:
    - Besides your password, you cannot change any other account information... why is this relevant? Well I like the characters so much from the Chinese version that I decided to create a female and a male. So when I initially signed up I left the mobile phone entry blank (since why would I want the Malaysians to know my US phone number if it's not required?), and when I hit finish the page reloaded in my Internet Explorer and told me I had to put in a phone number, so I did. Unfortunately, when the page reloaded in IE, for some stupid reason it kept all the information I typed and picked EXCEPT the gender, which defaulted back to Male instead of Female. So now my female character has a not-really ambiguous name, and the customer service won't do anything at all. :p

The Malaysian version has around 160 songs (which pales to the 350-400 the Chinese has). The interface is also less developed in some aspects. It has at least 50% of the clothing, and they're all roughly the same prices (maybe even a little cheaper).

The servers are not split up into different sections of difficulty, they currently just have 'Section 1', 'Section 2', etc., and as a result finding easy games is rather difficult... this is of course in conjuction with the fact that nearly every player on SDO Malaysia is a freak pro. Almost every room I went into had at least 1, if not the whole room, full of level 20-60 people, and they're ALL doing level 7 songs minimum. If you are a noob, you will not enjoy this version.

For some reason, there are still a few things written in Chinese, rather than English. Mail, for example, is all in Chinese. A lot of players, at least half if not more, also speak Chinese still instead of English.

There are also a couple of arrow patterns missing during the dances, the angel wings and the blue spark next to it in the Chinese version are the ones I used which don't exist there.

Things the Malaysian version has that SDO Chinese doesn't? I'm not sure if they're limited time because it's only v3.0, but 3.0 is using a zodiac theme, and so you can buy the animated backgrounds for all of the zodiac signs. There is also an extra dance location that looks like a dance club stage. Also, when playing solo you still get exp and gold. Replays do work also.

So, would I recommend the Malaysian version right now? For only $3.90 on dolarmaker it's not bad, but if you're new to the game you'll probably have a rough time. I would suggest waiting for v4.0 at least, hopefully by then they'll split the channels by difficulty. If you really want to buy M-point clothes though, there's nothing stopping you this time.

I should also mention, I'm not sure what the occasion was, but last week they had a sale for 25% of the permanent price of all M-items. Most items are pretty cheap enough as it is, you could definitely make a whole outfit with only $25 or so and still have a ton left over (hair, shoes, pants, shirt, gloves - cost about 1k to 1.5k each, and 5k M-points cost $13)

6. azngirl

azngirl Member

that game is great. You're mad good. I might download the game because of this video. So interesting =]

7. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

wow, the graphics of that look cute. I may find myself strangely amused and wanting to play that.

8. konrad3kmdc

konrad3kmdc New Member

Hi i have one question how i can register cause i put 15 number code and nothing happend what i must do:/ please help

9. Qui-angel

Qui-angel Well-Known Member

I need to re download this great fun game ^^

10. pushman777

pushman777 New Member

Im trying to register on 9you.com but i dont know where can i get 15number code!!!PLZ PEOPLE TELL ME!!!

11. pushman777

pushman777 New Member

Plz can you tell me???

12. Polysicz0r

Polysicz0r New Member

Yeah, I had trouble with that too, but after some google'ing i found out how the chinese ID number works.

The first six numbers are derived from the destrict you live, the following six number is the date of your birth and the last three numbers are there to differentiate between people who live in the same region and have the same birth date.

So for the 15 numbers put in this:
    230103 (or if you know another district number, put it there) - 6 numbers of your birthday (should be the same as the date you filled in in the registration form; so if born in 1986, 23rd of january, put in: 860123) - then 3 random numbers (those numbers have to be odd when you are male; and even when you are female).

So an example of someone who is male and born on the 23rd of january 1986:

Good luck :)
    Hope I made myself clear and see ya on dance ;)

13. pushman777

pushman777 New Member

14. Polysicz0r

Polysicz0r New Member

I just finished installing SDO, but I somehow can't begin the game.
    There is something wrong with patching or connecting to the server (SHOW server)

[​IMG]

Anyone know if the server is down? Or that you need a certain port forwarded on router?

edit: OK, I already fixed the problem... I downloaded the old 5.0 version which does not work anymore. The latest version now is v.5.3 which you can download here: http://sdo.9you.com/downs/down_1.html

#154 Polysicz0r, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  15. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

lol.. stepmania is the closest keyboard ddr game i think.. its got all the diferent version songs you can download.. its not just this online dancing thing-rolleyes

16. jewazi

jewazi New Member

DDR is fun.

17. ChinaUK

ChinaUK New Member

Hi i can't create my account. Everything seems 2 b fine apart from the email part which won't seem 2 go & no tick appears beside it. Can anyone help with this. I was trying to use aol or hotmail maybe these email addresses don't work with it :(

18. 0oWatero0

0oWatero0 New Member

view in chinese

i have downloaded the china version of sdo but i cannot view the words in chinese.. aniione got the program to view the words and songs in chinese please let mi know asap thanx =D

19. Pen_Cap

Pen_Cap New Member

You guys are aware of SDO Thailand version which has 26 pages of songs. The same anime look and feel. And all the items from malaysian and chinese versions right?

Oh yeah... ITS ALL IN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!

Just click the international user box in the top right to activate an account and download the software.

Once you get in the game everything is in Eglish.

http://www.sdo.in.th/index.asp

20. 0oWatero0

0oWatero0 New Member

i wan the software to view in chinese.. i playing the china version =.=