"Dead" Fish Startles Woman

Discussion in 'Random / Offtopic' started by Pretty Kitty, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Pretty Kitty

Pretty Kitty Well-Known Member

Fish is a lovely choice for dinner. It's often times healthier than other proteins, with less bad cholesterol, and more healthy fat. One of the best parts is it's one of the easiest proteins to catch yourself, but that comes with a price. Fresh-caught fish requires more preparation to cook.

You can tell that the fish featured in this video is very fresh. As she is scaling it, prepping it to be cooked, she noticed something strange but didn't give it much thought. Then she told her husband to turn the camera on, and it started to happen again and again. What would be going through your mind if this happened to you.

Link: http://sfglobe.com/2015/07/16/dead-fish-startles-woman/?src=sidexpromo&pid=28680&eid=28680

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

This reminds me of a video I saw on reddit. A man was sliced in half by a train by the train tracks or something, but yet his top half was still moving .

Very disturbing indeed.

3. Pretty Kitty

OMG! That's awful...

4. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

"Immediately after death, motor neurons maintain some membrane potential, or difference in ion charge, which then starts a domino effect down neural pathways causing movement. Adding additional sodium, in the form of table salt or soy sauce, will significantly increase the reaction."

Got the reason from somewhere with the same clip.

5. Pretty Kitty

Ya, same thing happened to the squid in this video too.

"The reaction is an automatic response to the sodium chloride, or salt, in the soy sauce. The recently deceased squid may lack a brain, but its muscle cells, which receive electrical commands, are still intact, NPR reports."

6. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

A full 3 minute video.

7. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

I think you mean autonomic.

But honestly, even as I know it's dead and only involuntary muscle twitching, I would be loathed to eat anything still moving around.

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Watching Korean variety shows where sometimes they go out to sea to fish (like Octopus), sometimes they just eat it fresh off the catch. I don't understand how they do that.

9. Pretty Kitty

Ya, this is gross. I can't even eat raw meat though.

10. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I do like my steak medium or medium rare. Have you ever tried beef sashimi at a Japanese Cuisine All You Can Eat? Those are so good!

11. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

There's beef sashimi?? Never seen those...

12. Pretty Kitty

I tried steak before but i don't really like it.

I never had beef sashimi.

13. chinachin

chinachin New Member

14. KilaKilaGirl

KilaKilaGirl Well-Known Member

It's like muscle memory that doesn't need a brain to function. The muscle cell probably didn't die completely which causes it to move still.