Disappointment

Discussion in 'A Pillow Case of Mystery II - 施公奇案 II' started by negiqboyz, Jul 31, 2010.

1. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

I don't know about others but I am kinda disappointed w/ this series. Not as funny as I had hope nor interesting too. The cases are so shitty thus far.

2. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

just to pass time, interesting, a light series, shitty funny (?) "dek dam siu"

3. laazzy

laazzy Member

I agrees with you, and I also don't like what they doing to Lelia tong character.

4. i have a hard time watching it im still on ep 3 lol id say the first series was more enjoyable

5. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Yea, the first one was much better, the harder they try to be funny the worst it is.

6. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

totally garbage stuff...too animated and now main character relies too much on the pillow tips

7. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

No kidding; it's like, "What am I going to have for breakfast? Hmmm... I'd better consult the pillow spirit..." The script isn't very appealing.

Further, the series long primary plot device (the mysterious behind the scenes palace eunuch that appears to have been responsible for the pillow spirit's fate) isn't at all interesting, either.

...playing a lovelorn but spiteful and immature girl who doesn't know what she wants. Additionally, the idea that she would then go to a member of the royals and start to grandly dictate marriage plans based on "their mutual love" is such a suspension of disbelief. She may as well have started talking about plasma cannons. If you're going to do a period drama, one needs to build a show within the historical social constraints of that period (unless you're Stephen Chow of course, LOL...) Chinese women living that period would never dare to speak up like that, much less to direct their unsolicited opinion at anyone of royal lineage. Moreover, if this was within the Qing dynastic period, Han Chinese were forbidden to marry into Manchu lineage. The Manchus conquered China to rule it. They certainly did not want Han blood to divide their loyalties. I've stated this before, but other than nice period styled costumes, the show is literally a historian's worst nightmare. It's no wonder that Chinese kids know next to nothing about Chinese history.

#7 ralphrepo, Aug 3, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  8. babs

babs Well-Known Member

this one sucks. the first one was way better. I stopped after the first ep. I'd rather re-watch old series to pass time and have noise in the office when working.

9. Hunter_zaz

Hunter_zaz Member

Watched previous one before this. It was better paced and didn't have that song at the end of the episode. I wish wife 1 and 2 was dead instead of wife 3 and 4.

10. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Wives 1 & 2 are better actresses, and as second tier TVB cast members, probably costs a lot less than wives 3 & 4 did, LOL...

11. zack55555

zack55555 Well-Known Member

seriously? I thought the first one was crap..

i'm surprised you guys are disappointed... you mean you actually have *high* hopes on series like this? Haha..

12. zhou

zhou Well-Known Member

the tips are so confusing to watch

13. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

to add on, the winter melon tale such as much as this one

14. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

WHAT???????????????!!!!! that da dong gua was so for kids! i say this one is better....i kinda like how they do the animations to bobby like when he transforms into a pig, bird, crossovers