Do you ever have trouble listening to canto music?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by uryu, Jun 1, 2006.

1. KaMaN^^v

KaMaN^^v Member

sometimes

2. KaMaN^^v

KaMaN^^v Member

but just have to find manderin tranlation on the inet then everything is just fine

3. TNTxXx

TNTxXx Active Member

yep most of the time i dont realli understand becuase the songs contain a lot of formal canto. i'm not very good with formal canto >.<

4. instantnoodlesXP

instantnoodlesXP Well-Known Member

I have this problem too. I thought I was one of the few, but apparently everyone in this thread has the same problem! I can understand what MOST of the cantonese songs are saying only if I pay attention. Otherwise, it's a blur with the melody that I'm usually paying attention to so I can play it on piano. BUT my HK friends can do it flawlessly, I also have trouble remembering lyrics.

5. For some songs yes.... where advance chinese is used.... lol i call it advance because for the most part songs are not sang in conversational speech.... so it does get quite hard sometimes to understand

6. elow12

elow12 Member

yeah even tho i speak canto, i have to concentrate to understand it haha

7. drifting

drifting New Member

yeah i have had problem listening to Chinese song cause i don't understand but I'm getting better.

8. yuki86

yuki86 Active Member

sometimes, it's because the song is too fast.

9. zeewee

zeewee Well-Known Member

Before I took Chinese at school, I had no way of deciphering the meanings behind songs. After I learned several characters, I started to read the lyrics and am able to understand it. I learned how to appreciate how poetic and meaningful a lot of Chinese songs are.

10. hayac520

hayac520 Member

the words they sing is just to formel. some word you dont even use it everyday.
    they just use word to match on the word of previous sentence

11. J dot L

J dot L Well-Known Member

nope, i understand literally every single word in Canto Music, even though i speak english nearly all the time, unless "sometimes" to my mum, which i speak canto to.

12. bolay

bolay Member

I don'thave trouble listening to cantonese music...i could probably memorized the whole same but have no idea what lyrics i'm singing unless i really concentrate on it..usually i can just memorize it it's cuz i like the melody.