Do you ppl believe in God?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by imp, Jan 29, 2005.

?

Do you ppl believe in God?

1. Yes

91 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No

66 vote(s)
    33.0%
  3. Not sure

43 vote(s)
    21.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

Master_G, And referring to your post in another thread; we are not demanding scientific proofs. In fact I have never believed religion is sth u can prove scientifically. Because it is based on beliefs passed down centuries ago.

But my question is; how do you know that your religion is THE truth?
    The Holy Quran says the same about Muslims... that non-Muslims will be damned eternally. So left us poor creatures; where do we go? Who do we believe?
    How do we know that you are God's pets and they are not?
    Some of the religions have been around even before Christianity; and they have recorded miracles; histories... Gautama Buddha, Prophet Muhammad; are you saying two of these greatest livings on Earth are burning in Hell right now because they were not Christians???

2. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

^ Great summery =_=b It's just the last part of your previous post!

Anyways, I align with you where the concept of eternal damnation is implicated to "coerce" people to take on a faith. And by "taking on a faith" I only mean they will CLAIM to be of such religion which results in the growing power of the church or whatever organization of the faith.

3. babyrain: you do in fact give a good argument...

in short:

before the bible, or rather, the invention of the gutenburg (not sure of the spelling) press, stories and teachers were often passed down orally..

and we know from the game "pass it on" where someone says something, and passes it on thru a line of players, that the ending story usually differs that of the start...

so before the print, the Bible or whatever else it may be, are all subject of hearsay, thus rendering them invalid due to exaggerations of the "storyteller"... if you get my drift lol

4. hiake

It's Gutenberg and a copy is archived in the Library of Congress in DC right now.

But yeah, BR's got a good point.

5. ^ with a bit of my influence in my summary ;) :p :D

6. BabyRain

Thanks for the support Hiake n Dann :D lolz

7. it would seem that we have brought an end to this debate XD

8. hiake

^ Nah, wait til there's some new members wander in... Then the flame of debate burns on!

9. BabyRain

Master_G is still around tho.. Prob wanna say what's on his mind.

10. i doubt you are gonna retire anytime soon -lol

wouldnt you jump at the chance of flaming noobs? :D

11. hiake

Well, the thing is that the majority of the arguments is really ANCIENT exchanges (on religion and faith) which had been going on since the beginning of recorded history. I was kind of disappointed that nothing new came out of it.

BR was an exception of course :p

12. BabyRain

lol thanx my dear...

P/s: wut do u peeps think of my avvy

13. speaking of flaming.... i got this *bleeping* retard who just cant stop talking about animal *bleep*, and involving me into his demented interests....

gotta flame him... i need admin powers....

EDIT: im sorry i said this in the thread of God... i ask for forgiveness... LOL

14. hiake

That a Naruto fanart right??? I kind of think the colour style (not drawing style) resembles Angel Sanctuary. Pretty awesome though :)

@dann: where??? he/she harassing you??? via PM or what?

15. ^ his name is misenlai, and he has been an annoyance since starting posting here....

remember benjwang? hes just like him... in the cat gave birth to dog thread lol

16. hiake

Oh, he's the person who kept on asking "raping someone or being raped" in the "this or that" thread right??? Really annoying.

And yeah, benjwang was a legend (in my time on PA, not sure about previous legends :p)

17. legend.... youre giving him too much lol

18. hiake

well, infamy has its merit you know. This is totally going OT, go write on my wall in my profile page instead :p

19. and you do the same to mine ;)

20. BabyRain

@Hiake: I wanna see it!!!!! Can I?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.