Do you ppl believe in God?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by imp, Jan 29, 2005.

?

Do you ppl believe in God?

1. Yes

91 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No

66 vote(s)
    33.0%
  3. Not sure

43 vote(s)
    21.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Yeah, help to save the earth from overpopulation, refrain from sex and reproduction! It's dirty!-ohmy

2. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

THis reminds me of sth...

I once asked someone about the 'sin' theory.. I said, if God intended for 'armageddon' or judgment day or whatever it is, and at the end of the day, all the saved Christians would end up in Heaven and reunite with God... then why keep the reproduction/recreation ability in humans?

Isn't that just making more humans to be 'destroyed' (sent to Hell) at the end of the day if those humans are non-believers?

If God is ever loving, He would not just want to create and torture humans right?
    What's the point of keep reproducing if He's intending to end it all (might as well let the human population die out)

Then someone told me it's because the reproduction/recreation ability is a gift from God, a choice to be made by us humans.

Now I gotta ask, "Is sex considered to be dirty/bad choice for a Christian?"

#382 BabyRain, Jun 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  3. sex = nature.

every living species do it.. even plants and their pollens!

so why must certain religions refrain from sex?

thats when i know that religion is fishy....

4. Denomic

Denomic Well-Known Member

Are humans the only species that has sex for fun as opposed to reproduction? I could be wrong.. but I remember hearing that somewhere... I think those religions are trying to say sex is only for reproduction as opposed to lust..

5. kakenx

kakenx Well-Known Member

Umm.. don't really believe in God, but I do believe there's a higher being out there.. one thing I do believe in is Karma!

6. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Besides human, the only other species which have been proven/shown scientifically to have sex for fun are dolphins...

I guess it's quite anthropocentric to think that humans are that special...

7. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

...dolphins and bonobo's (chimpanzees) are the only other species who enjoy sex.

8. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

No, sex is not "dirty" or a bad choice. Well, premarital sex/sex outside of marriage is bad because for premarital, there's no covenant between the two people and sex outside of marriage, well, sex outside of marriage which means adultery! Sex itself wasn't meant to be something you can buy/sell (prostitution) or made "dirty" through society's connotations. It's supposed to be something wonderful/beautiful. I hope that answers your question? :)

9. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

But what if two people sincerly love each other but due their personal believe that they don't need to prove anyone their love by getting married as it's just a piece of paper in their view (and both are financially independent) and stary unmarried but living together and starting a family? Would that still considered as adultery or does this term only apply to Christians?

10. BabyRain

Thanks, CNB :) But that still does not address my whole question.

I was asking in the first place, if God intended to end everything with Judgment Day (and hypothetically, all non-believers shall be punished) then why make new humans? Is God creating new guys just for His own pleasure to torment them at the end of the day?

And if God doesn't want that, why didn't He just pre-program the new kids in this world with a Christianity knowledge so that all of the new kids on the block (Earth) would be saved?

Then, someone said it is because it is our free will to procreate and not God's choice. So I am asking then, if by using our free will to procreate, does that mean we are sinning? Since we are in theory, creating more humans into this world and letting God punish all of them at the end of the day (for non-believers).

11. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

^ Bulging in here... but I thought procreation is one of the holy duties of mankind??? Or did I get the religions mixed up? -huh

12. BabyRain

^OK I'll be frank here... I was having the discussion with Wind the other day.. and that's what he replied to me on the question of why are there new souls on this Earth and the human population is increasing...

And he replied that's because God gave us a choice. A free will to procreate if we want to.
    So that brings me to my current question... -bigsmile

13. lol denomic, all you gotta do is check fearless' "omg theyre just like us" thread in the love/relationship section -evil

14. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

well, adultery means having sexual relations outside of marriage so no, that wouldn't count as adultery. but the Bible also talks about sexual immorality. (to me) having that piece of paper ensures a covanent between two people and while i understand the situation you've provided, i'm thinking about all the possibilities of something going wrong such as what if their love dissipates? or something like that. i admire those people who can do that but won't that prove a little difficult when it comes the time to fill out tax forms? :p haha. joking. but uhh.. while some people do that, (for Christians i believe) it is best to have a solid covanent which means marriage papers.

this doesn't really have anything to do with God, but from my own logic (lol, surprisingly i have something in my brain that works) everyone grows old and dies so if there weren't any new humans we wouldn't be here right now. God is not creating babies to torment them. if you ask me why God created humans in the first place my straight up answer to you will be "i really don't know". but since He did create em (IMO in accordance with my Christian beliefs) He loves us. i see it as pretty simple? He created us, didn't want to control us like robots so gave us "free will" (i know i know, you want to discuss about the free will/you have expressive opinions about it. i think you discussed it before and so for now, let's just answer one question at a time. :p) this "free will" enables us to choose whether we reciprocate the love He shows us. (yes, while you might disagree with this too, let me go on. hehe. i'm realizing all these points you might disagree with as i'm typing this. wow. anyways, on with my unclear explanation)

and if i'm guessing correctly what you mean by pre-program as in give them an automatic love for God or something? or are you just talking about "Christian knowledge" as in knowledge of God? well, to answer my own questions (first one): He can't make anyone do anything. that's the ultimate basis of free will. God can influence people, talk to them, show them things but cannot control their choice. so God cannot just make people choose to love Him. (second question): although people may know of God, that doesn't necessarily mean they will believe in God sending Jesus to die for humankind. say there's (for example) someone who has a lot of head knowledge about Jesus/God and about Christianity and even the Bible. it doesn't mean anything if he/she doesn't pesonally believe that Jesus died for him/her on the cross.

"So I am asking then, if by using our free will to procreate, does that mean we are sinning?" just answering that question alone, no.

excuse me for my unclearness in anything. :)

15. sex before marriage (premarital sex) is called fornication.

16. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

I don't believe in god, or any higher being for that matter. I'm not anti-religion. I'm actually for religion, just not the idea of a higher being. Personally, I believe that all religion are the same. They teach the same basic ideas and serve as a guide on how to live your life as a 'good person' even though their methods of practice are different. The idea of a higher being, at least in my point of view, is used as a scare tactic to get people to abide by the rules set forth by the religion, which isn't a bad idea.

17. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Haha, yeah I agree the tax thing a very valid reason to get married! :D

...sure, only from some religions point of view. <_<

I would just call it the reproduction of man and/or the joy of sex between two lovers. Or more.

18. BabyRain

^At least we are sure now that M_G is a virgin... unless he's already married?!

19. BabyRain

Don't forget that the marriage laws do not exist in the past. People just kind of pick their partner and live together.
    Does it mean that those people are fornicating and committing a sin?
    Even Mary giving birth to Jesus can be considered out of wedlock and a SIN then, since she probably didn't sign any 'marriage' papers in those times.

IMO, as long as there is love presence in a relationship and you don't have sex with just any random fella, you are not immoral. Marriage is just signing a piece of paper to ensure you are legally protected and giving you an assurance in the legal sense. No way does it mean that it ensures you are morally right by having sex with your married partner.

If that's the case, would you call a husband raping/forcing himself on his wife as not immoral?

As for your answer to my question, Hmm let me think of another way to word my thoughts ;)

20. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

^
    Good points! And I can be mistaken but I can't remember Adam and Eve ever got a wedding?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.