Do You Think Hong Kong Artist Can Sing?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by EvaxTvxQ, Jun 28, 2006.

1. OhanaUnited

OhanaUnited Well-Known Member

joey and couple other female artist can, not twins... twins are simply popular because Emperor used so much money to promote them

2. sakky101

sakky101 Well-Known Member

Never heard of anything by Kahlil Fong but I do agree that most of the new wave or singers, esp that was initially from actors/actress can't sing, carry a tune and is tone death. Hell some sing so bad live on stage, it's a pain to watch when they are off key. -lol

3. Tassadar2k03

Tassadar2k03 Well-Known Member

well in hong kong singing and acting will lead into one another regardless whichever u start with so its only natual an actor cant sing well or a singer cant act well

4. Arctic_fire

Arctic_fire Well-Known Member

some of them can, but 50% cant. they just got the looks

5. silong28

silong28 Member

hell yea they can,eason mi fav

6. thanislim

thanislim Active Member

Janice currently is one of the Hong Kong singers I actually like. Don't forget the legendary Faye Wong and also Kelly Chen

7. bell3442

bell3442 Well-Known Member

i think a minority of hong kong artists can sing then theres the majority that cant sing.....but then they are so popular!! hong kong bases popularity more on looks in my opinion....

8. pto88

pto88 Well-Known Member

ugh...some "singers" are horrible

the good ones were back in the 80's and 90's

9. yongxlin

yongxlin Well-Known Member

A lot cannot...but there are a lot that can also, including, Aaron Kwok, Jacky Cheung, Anita Mui, Eason Chan, Miriam Yeung, Joey Yuen, Faye Wong, Sammi Cheung, Hacken Lee, Kelly Chen, Andy Hui, William So, and the list goes on.

10. oceanocean

oceanocean Well-Known Member

There are hella HK singers who can't sing. They are only nice to look at. For example: Twins.... uhhhhhhh

11. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

Its obvious from hearing them that some can sing, some can't, they just to practice a lot. With practice and improvement the outcome will be better.

12. kakenx

kakenx Well-Known Member

Justin Lo.

13. cat

cat Well-Known Member

Yeah I think so too.

14. milkyaway

milkyaway Member

yes much better than the dutch singers

15. weedpeach

weedpeach Well-Known Member

it depends on who's singing. there are a lot of hk people that can sing and are good at it and there are some that hit rock bottom.
    no offense to andy lau fans, but he cant sing. i think he should just stick to acting instead.

16. chin3zeboi

chin3zeboi Member

andy lau!!!!!

17. Rikayla

Rikayla Active Member

You know who from the 90s cannot sing? Leon Lai. CANNOT sing. I thought he could sing, since he's so popular and such, but since hearing him wail in that Janice duet... Yeah. -___-"

Janice can sing.
    Joey Yung can sing.
    Raymond Lam can sing - who is one of the few actors-turned-singers out there who actually can sing.
    Eason Chan can sing.
    Leo Ku can sing.

Yeah. A good 75% of them can't sing or they just have average voices. The 25% is just made for those old 90s people and the new ones that are coming out now (e.g. Kelly Chen and such).

18. ckthepilot

ckthepilot Well-Known Member

we can't forget the 4 heavenly kings... :p

19. yuki86

yuki86 Active Member

I agree!! Some of the singers like Twins can't sing at all.

20. sean222

sean222 Well-Known Member

ah gill is just dam cute, she can sing...at least they are starting to write songs which is great...i lvoe Twins.....but a lot of them still needs practice, but for a girl like Janice, she's got the voice, but needs practice