Do You Think Hong Kong Artist Can Sing?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by EvaxTvxQ, Jun 28, 2006.

1. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Twins can sing?! -huh

2. motjui2

motjui2 Member

i think taiwan singers are better tbh!! SIngers like David Tao, Khalil Fong, Gary Cao and JAY CHOW BABY!! but im still true to the one and only Andy Lau!! he can sing and so can EAson chan.... i been to his "Get a life" concert and he is one hk singer that can sing!!!

3. frostshards

frostshards Well-Known Member

my theory is that the hotter they are, the shittier they sing

4. jt_skyline

jt_skyline Member

I would ahve to say more than 75% of them cannot sing, they only sing in order to get attention. The good ones like Jacky Cheung have now even sucked in by the younger generation to sing crappy music

5. drsnoopy

drsnoopy Well-Known Member

Alex fong can sing. Stephy...I'm just addicted to her voice. I love stephy...

but on the other hand, some actors/actresses should just stick with what they're good at...like the Twins...they should just go back and just take pictures...and NOT speak or sing. lol, god they're annoying.

6. subaru3169

subaru3169 Well-Known Member

but stephy can not sing full range ar.. like not the super high notes.. she's ok, i guess.. i like ella though

7. davu4eva

davu4eva Well-Known Member

i second that!!!...thats true most of the time...
    but since i dont understand canto but still i think HK ppl cant sing...mainland ftw

8. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

don't know, all i know is that the Twins can't sing...after 6 yrs, they voice is still very quite...

9. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

in my opinion, no HK singer is better than Jacky Cheung...

10. endo

endo Well-Known Member

vivian chow
    sammi cheng
    hacken lee

11. davu4eva

davu4eva Well-Known Member

lol...i didnt know that sammi cheng was from HK...always thought she was mando...

12. botan

botan Member

I don't think many of them can sing nowadays but the singers from the 90s, like Jacky Cheung, can.

13. seiyaz

seiyaz Active Member

Omg that's the first time I hear something like this. He can definitely sing and according to wiki - Andy Lau also entered into Guinness World Records for "Most Awards Won By A Canto-Pop Male Artist...so

14. DingLik

DingLik Member

new heavenly singers = can't even talk let alone sing
    old ones = yes

15. xhikarux

xhikarux Guest

nah honestly hk new singers are crap! they have totally ruinned the hk music industry. old singers are better! no hope for hk singers loh.

16. aznxchurro

aznxchurro Active Member

jacky cheung, andy lau, eason chan, andy hui, aaron kwok are all good.

17. carey

carey Active Member

some new comers cant really sing that well, but some are okay :)

18. ckhar

ckhar Well-Known Member

Personally, I think HK artist very good in singing nowadays..... much much better than previous year. At least HK industrial got improvement

19. shoij

shoij Active Member

aaron kwok and andy lau cant sing :x

20. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

By that logic, Ayumi Hamasaki must be the BEST singer in Japan... Which I beg to differ by the way. Soaring sale doesn't necessary mean good singing skill, not to mention in Hong Kong, the lyricist, the composer and the record company play a HUGE part in an artist's success.

Everyone seems to give the older generation a lot of credit, never realizing they REMAINED in the limelight BECAUSE they either have their trick or they actually DESERVE to be famous (good at singing, or acting, or whatnot)

I don't think the new music scene in Hong Kong is killing the industry, the industry has always been a mix of terrible singers and good ones, you have those who have the face/image and those who actually sings... That's the rule ot the trade and will always be.