Do You Think Hong Kong Artist Can Sing?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by EvaxTvxQ, Jun 28, 2006.

1. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

There are only a handful of really good singers in Hong Kong right now. Eason is by far the best male singer still producing records. Leo Koo is good too. The female still have Sammi.

2. gday

gday Well-Known Member

i afree they suck like crazy like no offence but i rekon joey cant sing either. only ballads. compared to non asian singers. they cant compare

3. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

i agree! But even still sammi isn't around often.. she's like in hibination =(
    Joey is a good singer too tho.. and Janice too.. tho i dunno about Jill's lyrics. =p

4. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

Oh I forgot about Janice. She does have a good vocal range, I remember hearing her sing "If I don't got you" by Alicia Keys and it was pretty good.

5. kbitboc

kbitboc Member

Most of the singers nowadays can't sing. They either don't have the voice, range, emotion, or skills. Even the best new singers of today can't compare with the mediocre singers of back then.

6. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

You're telling me that Eason and Leo can't compare to the mediocre singers of back then. Who would you say are better than those 2 aside from the obvious people like Jacky.

7. 低B仔

低B仔 Well-Known Member

blame it on paco!!!

everytime i used to watch awards... 'firstly i want to thank paco...paco... pacoo' @.@

8. MCTOYOTA

MCTOYOTA Member

no they can,t sing for life

9. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

Isn't that generalizing it too much?

10. HellGuard99

HellGuard99 Well-Known Member

the old school ones are the only ones that can sing, other wise; they us cantonese people look bad.

11. Jerjai

Jerjai Well-Known Member

for sure yumiko can't sing, sounds like she's at K. HK's new generations are good singers

12. kianu

kianu Well-Known Member

well i agree with you wanna add somemore..like Sammi Cheng,Sally Yeah,Sandy Lam,Keving Cheng,Steven Ma

13. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

Ronald Cheng, Hacken Lee, Leo Ku, Andy Lau(like his professionalisme), Justin Lo, Andy Hui, Raymond Lam,...etc...
    Sammi Cheng, Joey(not live!!),Miriam Yeung,Sally Yeah, Vincy, Janice...etc...

14. kawei

kawei Member

yes of course, eg bernice liu, ron and twins

15. godai

godai Member

a joke?

16. xam

xam Member

Of course some of them can sing. I would put Jacky Cheung up against anyone in the world. He makes any song sound good.

17. Ceedouble

Ceedouble New Member

The ONLY HK singers that are legitimate are Eason Chan and Jackie Cheung. EVERYONE else in HK is so-so. However, I am bias, because I still don't think there is much better than Jackie in all of Asia.

18. honkiebonkie

honkiebonkie Well-Known Member

Eason Chan, Leo ku.. -innocent2
    HK singers are great! :)-blush2

19. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

these days, i rarely listen to any songs from hk artists, it's alot of the same things and many of them can't sing, Alot of the good songs are coming from taiwan right now.

20. tomatoman

tomatoman Well-Known Member

guess the whole MTV and media killed the music industry......i can understand some of the early quotes lending their support for Twins and Ron Ng etc etc.....Its the image they relates to when they say they like someone. When u like a particular artist....u tends to think watever he does is good....For example....after watching Ron Ng in the TVB series |triumph...sumthing", people began to say he is good at acting....when he starts to sing.....they tend to not be overly critical of him. If MTV and TV doesnt exist and everyone just listen to the songs on Twins latest album without knowing who they are or having seen their face....would u dare say that they are good at singing??? I won;t for one....and i am pretty sure a number of people who supported Twins and Ron ng earlier would agree although they may not admit it.
    And on the question of comparing western music to Hk music.....there is really no difference really...
    We have a bunch of untalented western artist who seems to enjoy good popularity in western country too
    Think britney spears (who cant even perform properly even with the help of lipsync), ashley simpson, Cassie....
    And a good example of western artist who cant sing and just read lines as songs = gwen stefani, fergie
    Btw, i dun think rapping counts as proper singing....its more like a different kind of expressing one self...

(Btw.....i dun hate Twins....just using them as the sxample coz a lot of people likes to refer to them in this thread.)