Do You Think Hong Kong Artist Can Sing?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by EvaxTvxQ, Jun 28, 2006.

1. s0uljae

s0uljae Well-Known Member

most of the hong kong musician can only sing love songs. however, they bootleg a lot of people beat. anyway i think they are not bad

2. chanjinhai

chanjinhai Member

I don't really like the singers of this generation. I personally prefer the singers from the 80s and really early 90s.

3. Vongy

Vongy Active Member

i prefer the old singers than nowadays ones

4. hattori99

hattori99 Member

I live here in Europe and we don't see that often chinese movies ore hear chinese music. But it seems to me that all my collegues can chant at least a couple of chinese songs by heart.

now to the question: nope they can't.

5. bbes

bbes Incredible

thats a bit crude. u can't just go and say that no hk artists can sing cos that is not true. there are some fantastic siingers in hk so u can't say they all bad. besides u don't even listen to a lot of chinese music so ur argument is fairly weak anyway.

6. yingyue

yingyue Member

It depends...
    Vocally...you'd look towards the Mandarin speaking singers...
    Most HK vocals are extremely good...if you know what I mean...not many are outstanding as such....
    But since I can only understand Cantonese completely so..HK singers FTW...lol

7. unclelooi

unclelooi Well-Known Member

i do agree that a lot of HK singers cant sing well . They r not talented in singer, donno y they can b so famous

8. Tak-Wah

Tak-Wah Active Member

the old singers are much better

9. kbgoh81

kbgoh81 Member

Jackie Cheung
    Andy Lau
    Alan Tam
    Leslie Cheung

These are my favorite singers...

10. Evolution2x

Evolution2x Member

There are some very good Chinese singers but I haven't seen any GREAT one in a long time. Too many of the new singers are just being pushed onto us by there recording company. Good advertising sells.

11. bbes

bbes Incredible

indeed it does. but there has to be a market for the advertising in the first place.

12. wu.mao

wu.mao Member

I gave up listening to hkpop about 5-6 years ago, all the artists were just products of their respective companies. Started listening to mando-pop artist from taiwan, china, singapore, etc. I found that there were more quality singers and songs in mando-pop but that's probably due to the fact that there is a significantly larger number of chinese people around the globe who speak putonghua rather than cantonese.

13. sebi_1

sebi_1 Active Member

only a handful could sing to be honest
    .... i guess the world is fair in a way.. you either have the looks, or you have the talent...
    ... but it applies to all countries in a way.... just to appeal to all markets.

14. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

seem like they are running out of ideas for new songs and stuff, good songs/ artist are rare these days mainly in HK.

15. tomemiprozac

tomemiprozac Member

some can, most can't.. sad to say.

16. brujah28

brujah28 Member

imho, only the true greats like Anita Mui and Leslie Cheung can be hailed as HK artists who can do equally well in both acting and singing, and sadly, there do not seem to be any who can fit into their shoes..... :(

17. Kmani

Kmani Well-Known Member

Andy Lau, Jackie Chan, en others can sing good songs which i really enjoy to listen

18. imbenson

imbenson Member

whats with those TBV actor / actress turned singers?
    some are OK....others should just stick with acting...only

19. suenstyle

suenstyle Member

you should try hacken lee :)

20. vintage

vintage Well-Known Member

Only just a handful, most of the songs being played song the same. :eek: