Easy recipes

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by wilsonli, Apr 10, 2013.

1. wilsonli

wilsonli Well-Known Member

Saw the post your cooking thread and came up with this idea. Since apparently a lot of us are not a master chef or anything alike, i thought we could post here easy recipes for people like us who live by ourselves and have to cook from time to time.

Here's mine:

Japanese beef and rice bowl (Gyudon)

Ingredients:
    1 1/3 cup beef broth
    5 Tablespoons soy sauce
    3 Tablespoons mirin(Is a japanese rice wine sort of thing, if you cant find it you can use chinese rice wine, although you'll have to add more sugar)

2 Tablespoons sugar
    1 yellow onion, sliced
    1lb beef, sliced very thin (I use 肥牛, like the one we eat in the hot pots, but you guys can use other type of beef like sirloin, only that is has to be very thin sliced)
    white rice
    Directions:
    1. Bring beef broth, soy sauce, mirin and sugar to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and add onions. Cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
    2. Add beef slices into the broth and cook until just barely done, about 1-2 minutes. Serve over white rice.
    This one takes only like 10 minutes to make and its quite yummy.

beef.jpg

2. titi

titi Well-Known Member

I am more of a visual person so I like watching cooking videos. Check out foodwishes.com. Lots of fast easy recipes along with the more fancy and advance recipes. On YouTube check out channels such as cookingwithdog, maangchi and runnyrunny999.. And much much more! Hope this helps!

3. unkn0wn4life

unkn0wn4life Active Member

i actually might try this recipe, thanks for posting it. :)

4. fawkstone

fawkstone New Member

whoaa Gyudon. would really love to try that.