English Premier League

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by aussiekid, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

wow... I think ur missing the point... do I think Taylor wanted to cripple Eduardo? Did I EVER say Taylor tried to cripple Eduardo? NO... I NEVER said that... What I do think is Taylor DID intentionally slide in like that on purpose... he wanted to play a rough game and put in a rough tackle cuz that's how you beat a team like Arsenal... you play a HARD PHYSICAL GAME... but this shits gotta stop... cuz shit like this happens... That's why I'm asking for a longer ban than the 3games... I said I thought a 1 year ban is fair... I never ASKED for a 1 year ban... what did I ask for? a ban longer than the normal 3 games...

and here you guys are... defending this dirty c*nt... yeah, I'm sure it was an accident and Taylor didn't purposely try to break Eduardo's leg... but I'm also sure he meant to make that hard tackle...

Plz... look at SHW's pic... where is Taylor's leg... and where is the ball... u tell me... that's about half a fcking meter off... his foot alone is ABOVE the height of the ball...

2. shw

shw Well-Known Member

A picture says more than a thousand words!

3. hongkongboy

hongkongboy Well-Known Member

the way u speak i really wanna do a taylor style tackle on u!!! yeah ur right make sure u dont live where i live

4. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

o don't worry, even if i live where u do, i don't hang with idiots that threaten people over the internet... so i'm sure i won't ever run in to you...:Talktohand:

I don't care if Taylor made a mistake... I don't care if he's sorry... fact remains, he made an unecessary tackle... one that could end a players career... and he should be punished for it accordingly... all i'm asking for is something greater than the normal 3 games a red card warrants... ban him for the rest of the fixtures, hell 8 games sounds good to me... Thatcher got 8 game ban last year... 5 games minimum... That's the nicest way I can put it... if u still insist on crying over it... shit... can't help u there... i'm done...

5. hongkongboy

ur the one cryin over the bloody ban limitations, "give him more ban 8 games!" a year ban etc, ffs even arsene wenger hasnt sed nothing about futher ban atm, your one of those like gettin ppl in trouble either on the pitch or off the pitch.

i can see u playin football , well if u do play football shouting red card red card to refereee all da time, yeah thats what u do add petrol n oil to flames! just shut up about the 8 games bans etc.. noob...

6. bbes

bbes Incredible

that tackle by taylor was just ridiculous though i don't think he had any malicious intent. though that could have been the end of eduardos career though as his is young i reckon his leg will heal and he will be back up and playing football ago. but the first few matches he prob won't be mentally as keen. though ye i do agree that taylor should have a longer ban than 3 matches. prob a 6 match ban is more appropiate and a fine even though there isn't intent. cos i mean u have manslaughter occurring yet they still have to be punished so why shouldn't taylor be punished more than the usual red card.

7. shw

shw Well-Known Member

referring back to it

in Holland there was a professional player sewed for loss of income after he did something similar. the injured player had to retire.

Niels Kokmeijer (born 30 December 1977) is a former Dutch footballer most famous for his period at Go Ahead Eagles. Currently he is part of the Dutch Beach Soccer Association. Kokmeijer, born in Uitgeest played as a forward, making his professional debut as being part of the FC Volendam squad in the 1998-99 season. He also played for SC Heerenveen and HFC Haarlem before joining Go Ahead Eagles in 2004-05, playing in the Eerste Divisie.

In his first and only season at Go Ahead, Kokmeijer was seriously injured by opponent Rachid Bouaouzan playing for Sparta Rotterdam on December 17, 2004. Kokmeijer's leg was broken badly and he was forced to retire from professional football. Sparta Rotterdam suspended Bouaouzan for the rest of the season, which was more than the 10 match ban the KNVB awarded him. Besides that he was taken to court by the Dutch government and Kokmeijer for battery, a unique moment in Dutch football history. Bouaouzan was charged with a conditional punishment of six months in jail.

Fyi Sparta is a football team homebased in Rotterdam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niels_Kokmeijer

haha he's now playing at Wigan Ath.

Bouaouzan vs Taylor..... :sp_ike_d:

8. bbes

bbes Incredible

haha jokes. but ye i reckon if it is the end for eduardo's career he could take him to court and would win. that would be his consolation i guess if he doesn't recover from the injury. also it is taylors fault to be stepping so hard on his leg in the tackle.

9. shw

shw Well-Known Member

lets hope he can continue to play. this sucks for him and his loved ones.

10. hongkongboy

well eduardo is still be paid eventhough he sat at the hospital by just recovering

11. bbes

bbes Incredible

not if his career is over though im sure everybody helps he will recover

12. shw

shw Well-Known Member

Not talking about the money: this is a major blow for a topplayer who was supposed to be playing a lot of games which he prob enjoyed doing.
    He was also representing for his country this summer, EC. So dispite he will get his cash I cannot think he is enjoying this moment.

13. sschsu

sschsu Well-Known Member

All you Arsenal suppoters stop all these negative talks. This is the latest news from Arsenal.

"Arsenal believe that striker Eduardo da Silva will make a full recovery from his horror leg break and could be back in action in nine months."

14. shw

shw Well-Known Member

where the negative?

15. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

yeah... but did u read the other half of that article? it was lucky that the medical staff on hand was quick to put his ankle back in place or he woulda needed it amputated... we're not negative... we're simply judging it as it is... u want it to go away? fine... accept this great 9 month recovery plan... but it won't turn out that way... and i put money on it... rehabilitation is a really hard process... and that's what usually ends careers... not the actual break... I'm not saying Eduardo won't be able to do it... I'm sure he'll come back cuz he's a fighter... but i just don't see him coming back till around new years... and by then... he'll have to compete with Carlos Vela/Adebayor/Bendtner/VPersie and now probably a new striker... then his mind might start to waver... these are just harsh realities... and as a fan... it's hard to watch it happen cuz Eduardo really is a class player... really probably the best in the box in the PL...

16. shw

shw Well-Known Member

word on that. im not a Arsenal fan nor a hater but this is the truth. He is going to a rough period that will effect him and his surroundings. I wish him the best and hope he will make a full rec.

17. sschsu

sschsu Well-Known Member

Arsenal was lucky to score an equaliser in the last 10 seconds of the game to get 1 point. Man U won easily 3-0 and is now just 1 point behind. Lets see what Arsenal can do on Tuesday evening in the European Cup.

18. bbes

bbes Incredible

though they should have got the equaliser cos it was an own goal, just to balance it out.

19. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

from what i've heard... Arsenal were pretty shite for most of the game... and were unlucky with Senderos... but i'll reserve judgement when i watch the game later =/

20. hongkongboy

im a man u fan as most of u know, i think arsenal n villa played very good but i think villa just edge it a little, lucky bendter goal just like the tevez against spurs lol but arsenal already showing lacking attacking instict without eduardo already, in my opinion losing eduardo n players witness that tackle from taylor has blown arsenal part plus they gonna lose to AC in CL

man u all da way, best mid-field we got in the league!