Episode 19-20

Discussion in 'A Journey Called Life - 金石良緣' started by tien317, Apr 24, 2008.

1. lovinglyxx

lovinglyxx Well-Known Member

i was addicted to watching this series- one i actually tried to catch once the d/ls were out :p.. eps20 was a bit OTT (with deaths and prison etc). because this wasnt one of those 'drama-everywhere' series, but simple- everyday life family types.. but anyway it was nice to see the 'gam' family moving back in their neighbourhood and ga ga was preg. again :)

2. bbes

bbes Incredible

ye i do think it was a bit ott with its death and then the prison and roy hitting his own father. but then again look at the bright side it was a nice ending yet they always seem to have to make it so dramatic when it does not need to be.

3. Sadden_One

Sadden_One Well-Known Member

i think there were too many coincidences at the end, like if all happened at the same time
    well i don't think fala really deserved to die, i mean, she just killed the baby and maybe she took what steven said too seriously, about not considering her as his sister anymore
    time would have settled everything and they can make another baby at anytime anyway

4. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

I am glad this series had an happy ending. I love what happened in the end, so sweet!

5. excelintel

excelintel Active Member

wow this series really ties everything up well in the end....nice ending...great msg behind it.....great chemistry those pair.......touching and sad.......wow really deserve the best series title so far.....haha.....

6. liquidzyklon

liquidzyklon Well-Known Member

Episode 20 was pretty good at wrapping everything up and giving a happy ending. The morals in this story are strong: be a good person, feet on the ground, don't give up in life.

Another reason I think Steven cried less for his baby girl is because he was also angry at Fala and his anger got the better of him. Whereas Steven really cried out when Fala died, which is understandable because they have been brother and sister for so many years.

I think episode 19 is the best episode to watch for great performance from Linda and Steven as well as a very tragic event with their baby.

Best series of 2008.

7. tvb_addict2008

tvb_addict2008 Active Member

I know that Chen Fala has done a lot of things, but she has already gotten what she deserves (and much more). I mean killing your brother's baby and aborting your own, that's already devastating enough. I really don't think she needed to die. Overall, I think the ending is good, but it could have been better to balance out all of the traumatic things that has happened in only 20 episodes.

8. bbes

bbes Incredible

i didn't mind the new baby, but the time does seem to go rele quick in the last episode.

9. Espresso Bunny

Espresso Bunny Well-Known Member

On episode 20.

Episode 20 seemed like a very cameo rushed type of ending. The marathon race could've been done a lot better. The death of Vicky too way too long for no apparent reason other than to stall time. She did the scenes pretty unconvincingly and poorly imo.

More could've been done to resolve the 'villan' and what not. It just seemed too choppy, too much open doors. Steven had trouble crying, but good thing he put some tears out lol.

However, I agree with what others said. This is the best in 2008 so far, but the ending was a bit disappointing. I still think it's great. I rather not think too much into it, but it was touching and emotion despite an odd script.

10. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

So the general consensus is everyone agrees that this has been the best in 2008, and the ending well received. Kudos to all involved in the making!

11. AznAce88

AznAce88 Active Member

This ending was so rushed. All the sad things were pushed through so quickly in the final 2 episodes. I still think Sing Hoi Yee, Linda and Stevens child should not have died. It is true that TVB is trying to not have happy endings but that is really uncalled for. It was already really sad with all the abortion and death and Fei Lo Ban losing everything. The child should have lived on but all is good Linda is pregnant again at the end :)

SICNE TVB IS ON A SEQUEL-THINKING MINDSET, THEY SHOULD MAKE A SECOND ONE FOR THIS DRAMA AND CONTINUE THE STORY SOMEHOW.. THIS SERIES WAS AAMAZING =D

12. little_angel_846

little_angel_846 Active Member

I think this was a great series! So far one of the best one in 2oo8!!!
    love linda in this show! so goood! =DDD
    i felt bad for fala chen...i don't think she deserved to dieeeee~

13. bbes

bbes Incredible

well what would they have in the sequel. it wouldn't make much sense make one i don't think.

14. tien317

tien317 Well-Known Member

Espresso....dun la condemn Fala too much. I think in Episode 20, her death scene was quite good. Give her some credits la.

I Love this series...the best I've seen so far. Never cried for a drama since a long time...

15. Ladyeve

Ladyeve Active Member

Well I think the whole idea of the baby dying in Linda's stomach was probably unavoidable. I mean, Vicky tried to dodge Linda. Linda spun 360 turn and fell real hard on her bottom. There's always a 50/50 chance of the baby surviving or dying, as well as the mother. Maybe they made that fall seem too great so probably have no choice but to make it a little more believable that the baby could not survive that fall. If Vicky didn't die, I don't think Roy would finally wake up and learn the fact that a lot of things he's done was bad and he seemed to never have learned a lesson until the end when he saw his father bleed.

16. dreyvii

I don't think they should have a sequel for this. Good things are better left remembered and untouched...having a sequel would suck big time, cos there's nothing much to expand on the storyline. There are many people criticizing on the tragedies in the series, but I think they were well done and portrayed. Besides, the ending wasn't really that sad...we did have a happy ending. Sort of like, the calm after the storm. That's what made it such a good series, IMO.

17. aliceteh

aliceteh Member

wah...so fast to Episode 20...by the way,is ah roy dead?

18. dreyvii

^Nope he's not. He's jailed though

19. kareen

kareen Member

The marathon scene was a rush. He just sees their baby and he is back to normal..is she that big of a influence? I know its his daughter but it doesn't seem convincing..

20. dreyvii

It was the appearance of his 'daughter' encouraging him to go on his journey. That sort of enlightened him, that he should move on with life