Evolution or Intelligent Design

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by 60610, Feb 19, 2006.

1. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

i believe in intelligent design... i mean... what's the chance of everything being created thorugh evolution... it's very very slime like 0.0000000001%...

2. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

lol this is where you are wrong. We did not evolve from apes. Apes and humans evolved from the same line. Imagine a branching line, this is like evolution, you can start with a branch which will eventually split into 2, those 2 can split again. Apes and humans "began" from the same line. Apes went one way and humans another. Therefore there can still be apes

probabilty is exactly what it says, it can still happen no matter how rare. Im sure there are things that happen in this world that have odds in the trillions but still can happen.

3. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

^
    damn those ape...

well to have a life begin... everything is needed from a force.... if we go all the way back to the beginning of time... who would have input the "First Force" into the universe...... apparently i think the best bet would be upon GOD

#23 AC0110, Jun 27, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  4. eledoremassis02

eledoremassis02 Well-Known Member

I'm all for Evolution....then again I am very scientific.

5. shadow Thi3f

shadow Thi3f Well-Known Member

That theory of yours said that the chances of life appearing out of no where years after the big bang is small, but it never said it was impossible. Maybe our existence along with other living organisms out there happened by accident or by chance. What's wrong with that?? What is wrong with that idea is that it will prove that God does not exist. We as humans are afraid of a world without God, so we keep coming up with theories to prove that God in fact does exist. Creationist's are afraid of evolution, so they create explantions that counter against it.

I find intelligent design to be very similar to Scientology. Both promotes pseudoscience. Research on Intelligent design and you will find that the father of Intelligent design, Phillip Johnson is a born again Christian and fomer UC Berkeley law professor. Last time I checked law professors dont work in the science field. He has no knowledge of biology what so ever, yet he attacks the science community. It's like asking a lawyer for medical advice. The same goes with the Scientology community who constantly bashes on Psychology. Scientology is another religion based on pseudoscience and created by a science fiction writer. Yet millions of people believe in it.

How do we know homo erectus is the ancestor of modern day humans?? Its because of evidence in fossil records. If you look at the fossil records you can see a progression in brain size and complexity. Yes, there are many missing links and the story of how humans came to be isnt finished yet, but you cannot deny the evidence that is gathered so far. Homo erectus came before humans because no human bones are found with homo erectus fossils. That suggest that they are a lower forms of humans.

How are you certain that humans will never have wings?? Cant the creator decide to give us wings, if intelligent design is in fact true. Nothing so far suggest that humans will have wings, but if our environment changes drastically then we either adapt to it or become exinct. Keep in mind that us humans only been on this planet for a short amount of time compared to the Earth's actual age. If you think of the earth's age as 24 hours, human existnce is only a fraction of a second of that 24 hours.

You agree with me that there is no physical proof of the existence of God, but there is enough evidence to suggest that evolution does occur. I'll gladly take the side that provides the most evidence.

6. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

^
    read my previous quote about the "First Force"

7. moor_moth

moor_moth Well-Known Member

The variations we see today in wildlife etc are not proof of evolution.
    Evolution involves the enhancement of genetic information, all previous examples of "evolution" are merely changes in a species, differences in them that are not altered by the number of chromosomes in their body.

most animals that have adapted have had their chromosomes mutated or corrupted but for species to species changes require increasing or decreasing their chromosomes and frankly my dear this does not happen in the wild
    so the theory of evolution is also lacking evidence.

8. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

im sure theres something about the big bang and how it started (dunno off the top of my head).

I personally dont have to feel that some "force" had to start life.

9. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

^
    I'm not saying it started life but it starts the motion. What would cause the Big Bang to happen if the Big Bang theory was even right? It doesnt start moving for no reason

10. Evolution ^____^

11. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

I dont know it myself but Im sure they got some reason, or maybe they dont. But then you have no evidence that some force started it either...

I guess we will never really know in our lifetime